IGNORED

Khao lak

Invicta

If you have been to Khao lak, which do you think is better, Bang niang or Nang Thong. Beach and evenings restaurants and bars

8 minutes ago, Invicta said:

If you have been to Khao lak, which do you think is better, Bang niang or Nang Thong. Beach and evenings restaurants and bars

Been a couple of times, last visit in January 2020. I prefer Bang Niang. Check out Chumpoo bar and Mali restaurant.

Last time I stayed in Mukdara Villas. Nice place and I will definitely stay there again.

If you're comfortable with a scooter I would strongly suggest one. Local transport is hit and miss and it's nice to see all the different beaches.

Also check out Police Boat Memorial.

Hope you have a great trip.

I stayed at Ramada Resort at Bang Niang before. It was really nice there.

As @siamfalcon says, it's a good place to look around if you are comfortable on a scooter. White Sand Beach was a nice place to chill out, and there were some nice places for eating.

Pics are Bang Niang at sunset.

DSC09455.JPG

DSC09456.JPG

DSC09457.JPG

As suggested above, it is best to roll your own for transport…. It opens a whole range of beaches and lodgings up the coast from Khao Lak. Several places to rent a motorcycle from in town. 

Don’t expect much by way of girlie bars, but several options to eat and drink. I enjoyed The Snapper bar and restaurant, which has live music in the evening during high season. House band, Snapper Brothers, with the owner of the joint on bass. Saturday evening the Happy Bastards, a group of resident expats used to play, and maybe still do. 

Wide choice of lodgings ranging from cheap but more than adequate bungalows and hotels to five star joints. Outside peak season (Dec - Feb) you should have no problem finding a place. I visited many times and never booked.

Edited by Micky2

Just came back from Khao Lak and the Bang Niang area is for you. A few bars, some restaurants, massage places and the busy market. Wasn't looking for action as I previously were in Pattaya/Jomtien but noticed two lady bars. Tha Bar on Soi Bang Niang and Star Bar on the main road, just steps from the market.