Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Whats Happening in Pattaya?

jonpatt1218

I've been reading the local news for about a week now and getting concerned with all the robberies, extortion, tourist beatings, killings, fake officials robbing residents, pickpockets, tourist robbed in hotels, etc....

Is this all just recently in Pattaya, or is this a common occurrence? If this is being reported in the news then their is about 75% that goes unreported.

I have my first solo trip next month and getting a little concerned.

Is their anything I need to watch out for? I don't do anything crazy, don't drink much and treat the lady's well.

I went June 2022 solo. It was when Pattaya was just starting to wake up again. Felt no shadiness or dangerous situations at all. 

Edited by btek86

Pattaya is a lot safer than many other similar destination and probably safer than many family oriented tourist towns.

Sure some tourists get themselves into bad situationa but this is a very small percentage, probably nearer 1% than 10%.

Keep your wits about you, be polite to the locals, don't make yourself a victim and you will be fine.

• Like 2

I'm actually amazed at how little crime there is here (given the nature of some of the main attractions.) Most of what is here is Thai on Thai. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

In the past few weeks two Farangs have died here due to road rage incidents also there has been a couple of suicides involving tourists...robberies and crime in general are pretty low for a large tourist town...I have lived here 9 years now and personally have never experienced any issues regarding crime...as everywhere in the world enjoy yourself but keep a low profile and don`t go wandering about with expensive jewelry or watches on display.

Divide the number of reported incident with number of people in the city and you'll be very close to zero. Use common sense is all it takes