IGNORED

Songkran Hotel

narcosis

I have always wanted to visit during Songkran and always missed it . This year i randomly was giving 2 weeks off during songkran so here i come. 

My question is what hotel would you stay in during Songkran i have stayed in VT6 and D hotel in the past.

Looking for  some place where the minute i step outside my hotel i am not  soaked . Maybe like amber / adelphi and use 3rd road to travel 

or back to VT6 and see if i can get to the mall without being soaked?

So where would you stay if you had to in central Pattaya 

52 minutes ago, narcosis said:

My question is what hotel would you stay in during Songkran i have stayed in VT6 and D hotel in the past.

Looking for  some place where the minute i step outside my hotel i am not  soaked . Maybe like amber / adelphi and use 3rd road to travel 

i think you answer will depend on the day rather than the hotel!

As it slowly reaches the 19th , the chances of getting soaked will get higher. Even the short walk from VT to Central is unlikely to keep you dry on the 19th.

But to answer your question , it would be the hotels attached to the malls like the Hilton or the one at the Royal Garden

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Amber and Adelphi is fine except the 19th day. as there are only couple bars beetween them and 3rd road.

(I walked past them many times last month, not sure if those bars were even open, atleast didnt notice any action)

just try to walk other side of road :D

I have stayed few times at Suppamitr  Villa hotel at Soi Bongkot during songkran, from there I could walk dry to Soi Buakhao using 3rd road and Soi Lengee. On soi Lengkee just need to choose the left side of the road so the bars from the other side couldnt reach me. 

If you wander to Soi Chayaboon you're fucked :D

For me like all my stays, the Areca Lodge on Soi Diana.

I have been to Pattaya for Songkran 14-15 times. 

I can pretty much navigate Pattaya to a lot of areas without getting completely soaked.

First rule don't get on a baht bus because you're going to get it.

At the Areca I can slip out the back and get to the Avenue Mall on 2nd Road and can get to most places including Central Festival without getting drenched with water.  Going out the front on Soi Diana, it take a little more planning and weaving, but by avoiding the bars can get around. Can even get to Soi Buakhao without getting a drip of water on you. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.