IGNORED

Oman air Business class

jimboh

I have flown Oman Air business a couple of times to/from BKK.   

Although a 2-2-2 configuration on the Boeing 787s each seat gets direct aisle access and the window seat is especially private especially in lie-flat mode.  I slept well especially out of BKK but that might have had more to do with my activities before leaving Pattaya.   On board service, food and booze good and entertainment selection enough for me but not as strong as Qatar / Emirates.    

It uses its own lounge at BKK which is a normal business class lounge with acceptable facilities but no shower that I found.  The lounge at Muscat is a class above this with very good food selection.  Transit at Muscat is very smooth and easy.    

I am sure you will be able to find a review or two on You Tube.  

I would use them again and probably will when they join One World.   

If you are in the UK and not adverse to being creative I would suggest using Google Flights / Skyscanner with Birmingham as your departure airport.   Due to a (current) arrangement with Lufthansa there are sometimes some very competitive prices you can get if you do not mind an additional change at FRA and / or MUC.  (these prices are also available sometimes from AMS, BRU).  However, a word of warning on those.  I bought one and was very happy but the transit can be either quite long or very short.  Although all on one ticket (and so protected) I did pay extra to get a guide to transit FRA to ensure I made the connection.   (available from airport website)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jimboh said:

Anyone got any info on Oman air business class-seats go to beds? Meals and Booze/ Lounge?

They are very good. I have flown LHR - BKK return a number of times in Economy and a few times in Business with the B 787 Dreamliner. The relatively newly built airport in Muscat is amazing and the lounges are fantastic.

The seats in business are fantastic and are able to go lie flat if you want to sleep. They are all have easy access to the aisle as well.

Alcohol is served on board, including champagne option before take off.

Service and food during the flight is very good as well but I think Singapore and Qatar are somewhat better.

Their business service is a great option and I'd recommend them. However, their business class is quite expensive.

Edited by cheetzie
  • Like 3

On 11/02/2023 at 11:22, jimboh said:

Anyone got any info on Oman air business class-seats go to beds? Meals and Booze/ Lounge?

Yes flew economy a few times with Oman 2017 to 2019 before Covid. The new Muscat airport is good. Their lounge is big and spacious with lots of food and drink to select from. Unfortunately the transfer was short so only got between 20 and 45 minutes on the four times I used Muscat lounges. Managed after two trips from UK to Bangkok to get Silver status and free use of lounges in Manchester, Bangkok and Muscat. 

10 hours ago, Rambuttri village said:

Yes flew economy a few times with Oman 2017 to 2019 before Covid. The new Muscat airport is good. Their lounge is big and spacious with lots of food and drink to select from. Unfortunately the transfer was short so only got between 20 and 45 minutes on the four times I used Muscat lounges. Managed after two trips from UK to Bangkok to get Silver status and free use of lounges in Manchester, Bangkok and Muscat. 

Yes I remember how easy it was to get the silver card when flying economy. 2 return trips got you the card. The free use of lounges in BKK, Muscat and LHR was great. I still have Sinbad membership. 

Before Covid, My favourite time to fly with them was Late May on the evening flight from LHR. The leg between LHR and Muscat was always full. However, the leg between Muscat was always hardly any one aboard, so in Economy I always had a row of seats to myself; it was great! 

• Like 1

More than few horrendous experiences reported to Oman over baggage losses etc. Of course this can does happen with any airline but rectifying those issues caused seem to be a lost cause on Oman

People waiting years and years for compensation with most giving up it seems

50 minutes ago, KyleReading said:

People waiting years and years for compensation with most giving up it seems

That's what travel insurance are for; why fighting Windmill on your own when you can have a speedy, and more likely better, payout from an insurance company

1 hour ago, Kandinski said:

That's what travel insurance are for; why fighting Windmill on your own when you can have a speedy, and more likely better, payout from an insurance company

lol No

All insurers will initially refer you quite correctly back to the airline for damages/loss within transit (note the within transit bit namely in possession of the airline...Not before not after)

If all else fails than the insurer may intervene but certainly not initially.

Some may well do I totally acknowledge but not standard practice. I worked in insurance for 6 years

Edited by KyleReading

26 minutes ago, KyleReading said:

lol No

All insurers will initially refer you quite correctly back to the airline for damages/loss within transit (note the within transit bit namely in possession of the airline...Not before not after)

If all else fails than the insurer may intervene but certainly not initially.

Some may well do I totally acknowledge but not standard practice. I worked in insurance for 6 years

Believe its a case of you get what you pay for but under condition bagage is included, the company will handle claims on your behalf, back charge  airline and pay out IAW T&C you have received.
Over the years I have had countless delayed bags and one missing, all claimed on the insurance. Got some decent T&C abd In the event bags are more than 4 hours delayed, and PIR report on hand, claim for up to EUR 600 is raised on line and payout normally within the hour. Cant recall  T&C for lost luggage but from memory its after 30 days and full coverage up to EUR 2.000,-

• 2 months later...

Oman business is excellent. Have used it twice. Last trip I used Etihad business, Oman is better.