Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pollution in Pattaya Jomtien

Boatman

I was told that you should never swim in Pattaya because of raw sewage. And for the most part you never see anyone actually in the water. I stayed in Jomtien, and assumed the water was OK there, since there were quite a few folks out swimming and playing in the waves. Tonight I did a Google search on this subject, and it said Jomtien is even worse than Pattaya. :GoldenSmile1:

I never got sore throat, eye infections or anything like that.... Diarea yes, but I figured that was from the food !

What do you Addicts know about this? Even the info in the Google search seemed to be more anectdotal than scientific. Does the water ever get tested?

"Hard work never killed anybody......but why take a chance??"

I was told that many years ago it was a problem, but they extended the sewage pipe so it is put out alot further. Thats all I know.

The thais seem to swim in pattay beach without any big problem. But the probably have more robost immune systems.

There is a lot of crap washed up ashore though. i've always shyed away because I dont' want to come up for air havinv swallowed a crisp packet or something worse.

Theres also a health an safety issue on pattaya beach with the jetskis. Every year a few swimmers or divers get killed by them.

even in the roped of swimming area your gamblign that jetskis have the basic sense to avoid the roped of area, becaus the guy that rented it to them probably didn't bother to tell them.

I tend to go to the islands for a day swimming on the beach.

Cost is under 300B for a boat ticket at the pier which takes an hour. Or 500B for a place on a speedboat which can be booked anywhere on the beach, or around 1.5k to 2k to hire your own speedboat (+driver).

I spent a few days two weeks ago on the beach in Jomtien with the Thai family and was surprised by the amount of rubbish floating in the sea, it would be wise to go to the islands I think. Safety is not very high on the Thai list of things to be concerned about.

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

In the dry season (November to February approx) the sea is alot cleaner, but even then I would limit myself to some beaches in Naklua and Dong Tang, and even better Koh Larn and Bang Suray a little further away. Once the wetter season starts and all the shit overflows out of the storm drains, I stick to the pool.

I tend to go to the islands for a day swimming on the beach.

Cost is under 300B for a boat ticket at the pier which takes an hour. Or 500B for a place on a speedboat which can be booked anywhere on the beach, or around 1.5k to 2k to hire your own speedboat (+driver).

I thought the trip to Koh Lan is only 20 baht on the ferry?

Surely you cant be talking about the pristine beaches of Pattaya?

yummy.jpg

Here is a pic from the pattaya days blog

I went by speedboat in the end so not sure.

But I was told it had gone up in price.

hotel pool or way away from PATTS. With all the dead bodies fished out every week

I gotta pass!

i spend alot of time on the beach in Jomtien but even though i enjoy swimming i rarley take a dip and after seeing that photo only an especially nasty mamma san could get me in there lol

You are correct it is 20 Baht either buy a ticket at the Bali Hai Pier entrance or just pay when you get on the boat same for the return just pay 20 Baht when you get on the Boat.

Pattaya to Koh Larn 07.00-10.00-12.00-14.00-15.30-17.00-18.30

Koh Larn to Pattaya 06.30-07.30-09.30-12.00-14.00-17.00-18.00

Takes about 30 minutes.

Al.

I like being near a beach area, and all the things that go with it. Pattaya has a lot of things, including the near by beach, waves crashing, sand, etc.(and a lot of things you can't find anywhere else), but I don't need to swim in it. If I feel a true impulse to get into the water, I'll go somewhere else.

Also, Jomtien is a baht bus ride away. If a cleaner beach becomes that important for me I'll stay there, or somewhere else.