IGNORED

Rules Blackwoods Hotel

Naimii

I chose the Blackwoods hotel for my trip in February. But now I have a question about the hotel room rules. Maybe someone who has already stayed at the hotel can help me. 

I have read the following statement under some reviews: 
- You are not allowed to drink alcohol in the hotel room. 

Is that really the case? If so, is this also controlled? 

22 minutes ago, Naimii said:

You are not allowed to drink alcohol in the hotel room.

Wouldn't worry to much about the hotel rules if you must drink in room. After all; it's business like rest of Pattaya 

13 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Wouldn't worry to much about the hotel rules if you must drink in room. After all; it's business like rest of Pattaya 

Thank you for the answer. 
I just found it a bit strange because I had read the criticism or the rule a few times on the internet.
I had also asked discreetly by email, but didn't really get an answer from the hotel

I stayed there December 2021 for one night quarantine.

The only thing posted was "no smoking in the room".

If no drinking alcohol in the room would be to my knowledge the first in Pattaya. 

I liked the hotel, but the location isn't for me as I prefer to say in the LK Metro area. 

• Like 2

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 6 months later...

Coming late to the party, but in case potential guests stumble over this thread (Blackwoods is a very nice hotel IMO):

When I was there in May I didn't see any notices prohibiting alcohol consumption in rooms, only food brought from outside. However, the food ban wasn't really reinforced, saw several guests walk into the elevator with obvious takeaways from outside without the staff batting an eyelid. 

Since they sell booze at the reception (there was a buy-3-cans-of-Singha/Leo-for-150-baht deal when I was there), I guess the same non-enforced "rule" applies if it still exists for alcohol, i.e. alcohol can only be consumed in the room if bought in the hotel.

Blackwoods staff are really nice, and since they rate themselves a 5-star hotel (ahem) they won't do any checks. But just to be safe I guess I would just bring booze/food hidden in a bag.

Smoking on the balcony is however a different matter, I heard the cleaners really do keep an eye/nose out for that.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, leechtat said:

When I was there in May I didn't see any notices prohibiting alcohol consumption in rooms, only food brought from outside. However, the food ban wasn't really reinforced, saw several guests walk into the elevator with obvious takeaways from outside without the staff batting an eyelid. 

What the heck