IGNORED

BKK PRIORITY IMMIGRATION

Snowbird99

Travelling to P on the 22nd Jan ( at least I hope so, Covid rules not withstanding) on Eva Air in business class. 

Anyone know if this gives access to priority immigration?

TIA 

Do you mean "fast track"? I have never travelled BC so cannot help (I would have thought your ticket issuer would supply the info). Lucky for me now over 70 I can now "fast track" although when leaving, the passport checker for FT did not believe I was 70 and had trouble converting my passport date to the Thai date equivalent.555.

In my experience, yes it does.

Keep hold of your boarding pass…you will need to show it as proof to gain access.

6 minutes ago, Trevor said:

In my experience, yes it does.

Keep hold of your boarding pass…you will need to show it as proof to gain access.

Correct FT just use Boarding pass stubs last 3 maybe even 4 years

Yes it will give you fast track access.  But you will need your boarding pass showing your Leg to BKK was in business.     The fast track hall depending where you arrive is typically a minute walk past the 1st immigration hall 

Fast Track Immigration is also available to other categories inc over-70 years of age, pregnant, Buddhist monks and others.

As you enter Immigration Hall there is a sign on the righthand side directing you to the counter. There is normally no or little time to wait to be processed but take a look: when things are quiet the other counters may be queue free.

Same Fast Track facility is available on Departure; entry is about 20m past the main entrance.

As for converting western years to Thai Buddhist years: add 543.

E. G. Western year now is 2023. Add 543. As from 1 January 2023 + 543 = 2566.

(Wikipedia says, "In Thailand, New Year is now officially celebrated 1 January.")

16 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Fast Track Immigration is also available to other categories inc over-70 years of age, pregnant, Buddhist monks and others.

As you enter Immigration Hall there is a sign on the righthand side directing you to the counter. There is normally no or little time to wait to be processed but take a look: when things are quiet the other counters may be queue free.

Same Fast Track facility is available on Departure; entry is about 20m past the main entrance.

As for converting western years to Thai Buddhist years: add 543.

E. G. Western year now is 2023. Add 543. As from 1 January 2023 + 543 = 2566.

(Wikipedia says, "In Thailand, New Year is now officially celebrated 1 January.")

They moved it. It is now about 40-50 meters to the right of the main entrance.

As other posted, keep your boarding pass to gain entry to fast track / business class immigration. That being said you may not even need to bother.

I arrived Dec 22nd at about 10:30am, about the 5th person off my flight, nice brisk walk to Immigration, the first one I entered was the one without FT/BC but it was nearly empty, walked straight up to an Immigration counter and stamped through in a few minutes. 

It’s great to have but my advice is have a quick look in at whichever immigration hall you come across first. 

I did the same trip in November. LA to BKK via TPE business class on EVA. They changed the process for Fast Track now you just need to show your Business Class Boarding Pass.

• Like 2

Arriving LAX to BKK via NRT, Japan at the end of the week.  Looking to do Fast Track service but the one that I contacted has not responded.  

Would appreciate any thoughts on experience with Fast Track services at BKK. Thanks.  

My concern is that China is opening up and might cause delays while everyone learns how smoothly BKK will work or not.  I arrive Friday night.  

Living Life Large 😃 😃

28 minutes ago, Bob4678 said:

Arriving LAX to BKK via NRT, Japan at the end of the week.  Looking to do Fast Track service but the one that I contacted has not responded.  

Would appreciate any thoughts on experience with Fast Track services at BKK. Thanks.  

My concern is that China is opening up and might cause delays while everyone learns how smoothly BKK will work or not.  I arrive Friday night.  

Living Life Large 😃 😃

I use these:

https://www.limousine.in.th/

for buggy, fast track, porter and taxi to Pattaya.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

6 hours ago, geezerrb said:

Do you mean "fast track"? I have never travelled BC so cannot help (I would have thought your ticket issuer would supply the info). Lucky for me now over 70 I can now "fast track" although when leaving, the passport checker for FT did not believe I was 70 and had trouble converting my passport date to the Thai date equivalent.555.

I didn’t know this rule, as I have just turned 70. So anyone over 70 can use FT? 

4 minutes ago, David2268 said:

I have just turned 70...anyone over 70 can use FT? 

Yes.

Immigration and Emigration.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Do the luggage for business class passengers get on the track first? Otherwise I’m not sure how the fast track thing has a point to it. In my experience I still had to wait for the luggage after immigrating check anyway. So unless you have a carry on only, or luggage magically shows up early, there is no time saved. What am I missing here ?

15 minutes ago, w1lly said:

Do the luggage for business class passengers get on the track first? Otherwise I’m not sure how the fast track thing has a point to it. In my experience I still had to wait for the luggage after immigrating check anyway. So unless you have a carry on only, or luggage magically shows up early, there is no time saved. What am I missing here ?

It's for avoiding delays at immigration mainly. Generally First/Biz class luggage is unloaded first. 

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

11 minutes ago, RRosenberg said:

It's for avoiding delays at immigration mainly. Generally First/Biz class luggage is unloaded first. 

Then it makes sense if you’re travelling biz. Personally I’ve never experienced any delays in immigration that caused me to not have to wait for luggage anyway. So if I was fast tracked at immigration, it would just be an even longer to wait for the luggage. But I usually arrive at about 7 in the morning so maybe it’s different at other times of the day.

Edited by w1lly

1 minute ago, w1lly said:

Then it makes sense if you’re travelling biz. Personally I’ve never experienced any delays in immigration that caused me to not have to wait for luggage anyway. So if I was fast tracked at immigration, it would just be longer to wait for the luggage. But I usually arrive at about 7 in the morning so maybe it’s different at other times of the day.

If you travel long haul economy, if you are on a decent airline they will tag your luggage at checkin as something like "long layover/connection/international" I cant remember the exact tag but it will come off with the business luggage.

Once I clear immigration, I go straight to the sim card desk and get connected then grab my luggage.

If I'm flying economy I will also get the meet and greet and transfer to Pattaya at the same time. Once you've got your luggage, they call through and get the car ready and waiting for at the drop off point.

But generally even in Biz class, you clear immigration so fast that you generally still wait a little bit for the bags to start coming through.

• Like 2

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely. If you travel business you access automatically to the fast track. They just check your tickets at the entry. 

11 hours ago, neandertal13 said:

Definitely. If you travel business you access automatically to the fast track. They just check your tickets at the entry. 

Not sure about other airlines, but the final leg to Bangkok and my first out of Bangkok and fly first/business.

I have been told both on arrival and when checking at Bangkok to leave that they don't do priority passes any longer.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Ok last year I go on the left queue dedicated to business. It was on august. I will see this year. Somebody just check my ticket and I speed up by going directly to the the chaton office with that speed track. It was with Ethiopian.