IGNORED

Don muang airport to Royal Thai Air Force Museum BTS

darpra

Hi,

This seems like the closest BTS station on sukumvit line near the airport. Is there a way to get to it from the airport? If not are there anything thats planned for the future?

Where do you want to go? Don Mueang Station is on the SRT. You can connect from SRT to MRT at Bang Sue and MRT to BTS at four locations. Have a look at the network map here.

Im actually going to pattaya. So was thinking the fastest to ekkamai would be to go to the airforce museum and then BTS straight to ekkamai or some other station.

Now that im looking at the map maybe SRT to MRT to airport rail link would get me to suvarnabhumi? And get a taxi to pattaya? Would that be faster?

Basically idea is to dodge the bangkok traffic as much as possible with skytrain and then get a taxi or bus.

this is one i have fancied going to. i'm lazy if anyone has done this from ekkamai by public transport i would love the instructions

2 hours ago, striderman said:

this is one i have fancied going to. i'm lazy if anyone has done this from ekkamai by public transport i would love the instructions

If you only have minimal baggage with you then I think its fine. I have taken a bus from ekkamai before. Hope down at ekkamai BTS station and walk to the bus station where you can get a bus or minivan to pattaya and they drop you at north pattaya.

But to get to ekkamai from don muang you actually have to get a bus first and then hop on the skytrain. Too tedious if you have some luggage with you.

2 hours ago, darpra said:

If you only have minimal baggage with you then I think its fine. I have taken a bus from ekkamai before. Hope down at ekkamai BTS station and walk to the bus station where you can get a bus or minivan to pattaya and they drop you at north pattaya.

But to get to ekkamai from don muang you actually have to get a bus first and then hop on the skytrain. Too tedious if you have some luggage with you.

i'm in pattaya. i live here. so no problem as far as luggage. i know my round pattaya even with a blindfold. but bkk.........i know where ekkamai is. i know where don muang is. i've seen a map showing the museum near don muang. but i don't know the logistics of getting to it from ekkamai.

In 2019 there's been a bus from DMK to Mo Chit BTS. And then i took the BTS to Ekkamai when i remember correctly.

From don muang you can exit to gate 6 and take a A1 bus to mo chit BTS. The bus lady will announce BTS when you arrive since they know most people are not familiar. Mo chit BTS to ekkamai via sky train. Then from ekkamai you walk to bus station.

Alternatively A1 bus also stops at mo chit bus terminal. From there bus going to pattaya but very less frequent compared to ekkamai and also will be crawling through some of the bangkok traffic.

Seems like a lot of work.

Contact Meow and hire a driver.  

Relax and play with your phone until you arrive around 2+ hours later.

1 hour ago, darpra said:

Alternatively A1 bus also stops at mo chit bus terminal. From there bus going to pattaya but very less frequent compared to ekkamai and also will be crawling through some of the bangkok traffic.

This is what I would usually do when wanting to go from Don Mueang to Pattaya. Especially if I had a morning arrival because even though it took longer than a direct taxi, if I had to kill time before checking in, it didn’t matter to me how I killed it. When in a hurry, I’d just get a driver from Meow as mentioned above. I’m not sure of the current bus frequency between Mochit and Pattaya. That could affect my decision.

Speaking of the Royal Thai Air Force Museum, it’s well worth a visit for aviation buffs imo and now even easier to get to than before being a stop on the new BTS extension.