IGNORED

Dom Restaurant - Pratumnak Soi 5

Decided to try this restaurant tonight as it seems very popular.

Still called ‘DomPizza’ on Google maps but has an extensive menu.

It’s a big place with 2 outside seating areas and an enclosed air conditioned area. I’d guess there’s well over 100 seats.

I was there with a friend quite early in the evening, 6.30pm, and it was very busy by the time we left.

Service was slow and somewhat ‘eccentric’. Took a while to give our orders.

I had a Caprese Salad to start and a chicken skewer as a main. I ordered a small carafe of an unspecified House Red and a water.

The wine was good - possibly a Merlot?

There was quite a wait before the starter was served. It was nice enough but I was expecting some olive oil or balsamic drizzle, or something to bring out the taste, but it was served with just a little black pepper and the slightest drizzle of something that I couldn’t taste at all. Nothing objectionable but a bit bland. A generous portion though.

8A6614C3-5F01-43EC-BF42-8982206CCA9A.jpeg

The main course followed quite quickly after the starter was cleared.

I didn’t take a very good photo so one from the menu as well.

612E8486-45A0-4FF7-9B87-38D13908D56F.jpeg652213CB-2FB1-453E-9DB3-4710C14A816B.jpeg

Unbidden, the waitress decided to be ‘helpful’ and remove some pieces from the skewer before I could say anything.

The skewer was ok but one big chunk of chicken was almost raw. I had to eat the fries with my fingers as they were too hard to use a fork. The garlic sauce was unpleasant. The basic side salad was fine.

Overall, very disappointing.

I mentioned the uncooked chicken to the waitress and she apologised and took the price of the water off my bill.

Total cost was 750 baht.

I won’t be rushing back.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yes, I agree with everyone as I have been there on one occasion.

I had better luck on GRAB but not overwhelming better:

I have ordered their pepperoni pizza and it was 1/2 decent when I was very hungry (7/10).

I also tried their spaghetti and meatballs and it was the same result (7/10) as the meatballs were underwhelming.

Agree with all,  100% overrated.   People would rave to me about their pizza.   But it was mediocre at best.  Slice 100x better for pizza .   I wouldn't go back to Doms

@LASportsNut why do I suspect it was the same girl that suggested the pepperoni pizza???  

• Haha 1

I only have ordered a delivery pepperoni pizza from them once. It was ok, but they put onions on the pizza that I did not request, so that was a little off putting.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

Been there twice and had a great time both nights. 2nd time was especially good as they forgot to add my 9 beers to the bill, so it was very cheap 

• Haha 3

Me and my TGF went to DOM's Restaurant for pepperoni pizza and tuna salad several time on July and August. I have always liked the place and before they also served to One for the Road in the opposite side of Pratamnak 5 as the owner was the same. I got my hangover cure :)

We found no faults but maybe some people have used to different style of pizza. BTW the onions in the pepproni pizza are in the menu too, so no need to complain about that.

My go to place if I want to steer away from Thai food and my GF also liked it. Servers are in my point of view very professional but I might be a special as I have eaten there for 5 years now and the "old" staff know me very well. 

There is a one very big(tall and also thick) lady as a server. Sometimes they use her as a bouncer if there is a problem :)

• 10 months later...

Broke my promise to myself today and went back to Dom just for some breakfast eggs. I was going to King of Coffee but it was very busy with lots of kids.

Fairly busy in Dom as well. I ordered an omelette which came with toast, juice and tea/coffee. I went to butter the toast and saw black bits on the butter. I wiped the knife on a napkin and this was the result:

IMG_3833.jpeg

I told the waitress but she wasn’t really interested. The omelette was ok but no more than that. Bill was 140 baht.

I’ll know better than to go against my better judgment in future!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

17 minutes ago, davidge said:

Broke my promise to myself today and went back to Dom just for some breakfast eggs. I was going to King of Coffee but it was very busy with lots of kids.

Fairly busy in Dom as well. I ordered an omelette which came with toast, juice and tea/coffee. I went to butter the toast and saw black bits on the butter. I wiped the knife on a napkin and this was the result:

IMG_3833.jpeg

I told the waitress but she wasn’t really interested. The omelette was ok but no more than that. Bill was 140 baht.

I’ll know better than to go against my better judgment in future!

That would put me off the whole breakfast..no need for places to have tainted food or condiments.

Cross off the list.

I have to admit i think their pizzas are very good, especially the Calzone which i love. Hard to beat the happy hour deal i think only 240 baht.

• 2 months later...

Pizzas are good and also their daily special drinks are very affordable, like bowl(not glass) of mojito only 129b.