IGNORED

Hotel Amber - December 2022

SlowlyMan

I booked because the hotel gets decent reviews. I've been here a week. So far I'm pretty meh about the place.

The designers clearly favor form over function. There is one small drawer for storage, and a hanger rack. That's it. All my stuff is still in my bag. That's ok for a week or so, but a month long stay like I'm on, that's just not except able.

This modern layout with the sink, toilet, and shower each in a separate room is just dumb. It's nothing but doors in that area. With 2 or more people in the room. You would be Banging into each other all the time. None of the girls I've had up here like it. They seem worried a group of circus clowns are going to pop out of one of the rooms. They have checked the rooms multiple times before relaxing. 

Fitment is looking pretty worn already. This is a fairly new hotel, but it's not aging well. 

On the pool side there is a large piece of sheet metal on the back side of Adelphi. It's about 15ft x 2ft, and sits directly over the pool loungers. When the wind blows the sheet flaps around. One day it's going to let loose. I wouldn't want to be on a lounger when that happens.

I'm on pool side, it's been quite nice morning and evening. But, city side gets a lot of sun. I would spend the extra money for pool side. 

The staff has been excellent. They look after me when I need it. And. Stay out of my life when I don't. When I've walked in with a girl. They don't bother me about ID card. But if she pulls up in a bolt, the doorman directs her to the front desk. They call up to me, then they send her up. On the way out they check with me before giving the ID back.

They have in house massage. 400 & 450. A bit over the steet rate, but they come up to the room. I've been using Yah. She gives a technically correct massage. But massage only. I inquire about special. She said I need to choose a different lady. 

The restaraunt menu is very blah. I didn't try the food. I would not opt for a breakfast included rate.

Room cleaning has been hit and miss. Seems to be a staffing issue. When I head out on my morning walk. I track her down and give my number. Most days she has is done when I get back. Some days not. First day I offered her 100 daily for 3 towels. So far she hasn't let me down. 

The AC condensers must be up on the roof. I've heard zero noise. Usually you get that constant drone from the wall mounted units. 

The bed is the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Included the one back home. The Soi is mostly Thai residential. So very quiet. But, bars are moving in. It may not stay that way long.

There are a steady stream of girls in and out so clearly a lot of mongers stay here. The walk of shame in the morning has been quite entertaining. But it's a family and couple hotel for sure. Quite a few japanese golfers. 

I paid 1100 for pool side and no breakfast. A decent value if you can look past the design issues. 

Edited by SlowlyMan

• SlowlyMan changed the title to Hotel Amber - December 2022

Great honest review highlight both positives and negatives. Thanks. 

4 hours ago, CanadaMatt said:

Are you staying at Amber for an entire month?

Yes, then over to sleep with me for a month. Then Page 10

Needed a little longer to get it, deleted my text.

Edited by ZRHuser

I stayed there back in February 2022 on a Day-1/5-Quarantine package, the breakfast-buffet was very average/bland indeed, which many Thai resports/hotels often are, the room/furnishing was very new & all very quiet, however it lacked the character I prefer to find in a guesthouse.

It took 30+ minutes to get my bags brought down to Reception, when checking-out, that's the worst I can say about them.

I'd recommend it, if that sort of formulaic 4-star experience is what you want.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, SlowlyMan said:

Yes, then over to sleep with me for a month. Then Page 10

Nothing about this hotel would make it good for a month long stay.  That’s ok you for making that mistake.  I’ve stayed there twice (5 and 9 days) and it was perfect.  Great location, great staff, easy for girls to come and go.  But I would never consider it for a month.  I’ve also yet to see any hotel in Pattaya that gets the room cleaning done at a decent time or when you expect it so I have low expectations but continue to tip those hard working women well because they earn it. 

• Like 3

I stayed there in November and would agree with most points ...although  I quite liked the room design , separate toilet / shower  .. but the lack of storage was a pain 

the hotel was full for the 10 days I stayed there , so cleaning the rooms for new arrivals seemed to be the priority and everyone else much later .. I did have to call to reception once because my room still hadn't been cleaned at 16:00 

the pool was a disappointment for me , it only had the sun for a few hours a day and the steps to get in were a bit weird a two foot drop on the last step ...

I wasn't that impressed with the food from the restaurant, but next door the Copper Spoon had really great food , both Thai and Western 

all girls I brought back had their IDs checked

I had to wait for my room to be ready so had a massage whilst waiting, I wasn't expecting the HE , but thought it was a great introduction to the hotel 5555 , I had two in room massages with another of the ladies , she also gave HE 

I did enjoy my stay, but I'm not really a Tree town fan , so the location wasn't the best for me 

I've already booked a different hotel for my next trip 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 2

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I agree with the OP that a hotel room of this type might not suit those staying for a month or more. In my review of this hotel I pointed out the lack of a traditional type wardrobe…no issue for me as I was only staying a week.

Most of the cleaning ladies in hotels do a grand job. I’m always friendly with them and tell them my preferences (extra towels, room cleaned before 1pm etc)…I tip the ladies and usually get good service, but I also understand that the priority is to get rooms ready for incoming guests.

• Like 2

Thanks for the helpful review, was seriously considering this place due to decent location but your review is now making me think twice...thanks again!