Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

E visa issues

englishman

Over the past few years I've had many visa's  both single and multiple entry and via the old method of sending in my Passport and info.

I was the first to applaud the new E visa system as just the mere fact of not subjecting myself to the stress of my Passport return being lost or delayed was a huge bonus. I am now on my third application for an E visa, my first being just as things started to open up after Covid, I found it a bit awkward and with what seemed like way too many questions, and far too many documents. Especially when you consider that as a Canadian along with many other countries I can just basically show up in Thailand and get a 45 day exemption without showing hardly any documents at all.  Upon My first application I received a email about a week after I submitted it, asking for all the pages of my flights ( in my case it was 3 ) and proof of my place of residence in Canada... ( I thought my drivers license was sufficient but I guess not) . One of the main problems I have found is that you can only down load 1 page per question, so if any of your docs , like my flights are more than 1 page it presents a problem right there.

My second application I also received an email a few days after submission, this time they wanted all of the pages of the lease for the house I rent, basically 5 pages of what, where as, and here too's    Not a problem to do in an email back to them but not possible in the online application because of the only 1 page down load thing ( correct me please  if there is a way to do this ? ).

I am now on my 3rd application for a trip in the new year, I submitted more than a month ago now...after 3 weeks and not hearing anything I called, they did not return my call... so I emailed ...I received an email back a few days later telling me that I needed to submit to them a detailed bank statement showing funds of a least 20,000 baht. I had done this with my Canadian bank account showing more than enough funds, So just to be safe I submitted a statement for my Thai account, just over a week has passed now and still nothing, another email and still no reply.  I have never had any kind of problems with Thailand , no over stays no nothing but this is ridiculous !  I'm still a month away from my trip, but starting to wonder what the hell is going on with the RTE Ottawa ? 

Just to explain...I go the 60 day visa route because I stay for 90 days and just extend the 60 days by another 30 at immigration Jomtien.  It may have been better for me to just go on a 45 day, go to Malaysia or somewhere for a couple of days and re-enter on another 45 day, but that would be a fair bit more expensive for me. For a country that's trying to get it's tourism back on track they sure seem to be making it more and more difficult, or so it seems.   A retirement visa is starting to seem like a possible option but  not a cheap one !

Edited by englishman
typo
  • Like 2

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

I did the 60 day e-visa , most of the questions were just stupid , pics of all the stamps in your passport for the last year ..I had five pages , but  it would only let me upload one page .. I uploaded the same bank statement three times for different questions ... the one about accommodations and your invite .. I just uploaded a piece of A4 and wrote that I was staying in a hotel ( no names ) 

that said I received an okay and my visa within a few days 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I did my E-visa online here in Sweden, and added the following documents:

1 passport-photo, 1 photo with me holding the Passport, 1 copy of Biodata page of passport.

1 document showing my first hotelbooking only, (I have 7 different hotels booked).

1 copy of return airplane-ticket.

Bankstatement showing my last month savings.

Copy of my Identity card, with extract from population register.

I have a new empty passport and haven´t been to Thailand since 2018,

so I just sent a written and signed statement explaining that.

Signed declaration.

Documents had to be sent as Pdf files, so I had to convert them before I sent them.

It took only 2 days to get an E-mail confirmation! 

When no money... she no give honey! 

10 hours ago, plahgat said:

I did my E-visa online here in Sweden, and added the following documents:

1 passport-photo, 1 photo with me holding the Passport, 1 copy of Biodata page of passport.

1 document showing my first hotelbooking only, (I have 7 different hotels booked).

1 copy of return airplane-ticket.

Bankstatement showing my last month savings.

Copy of my Identity card, with extract from population register.

I have a new empty passport and haven´t been to Thailand since 2018,

so I just sent a written and signed statement explaining that.

Signed declaration.

Documents had to be sent as Pdf files, so I had to convert them before I sent them.

It took only 2 days to get an E-mail confirmation! 

I'm hearing lots of people say that they are getting an approved visa back in just days, sometimes hours ..RTE Ottawa seems to take ages ..the one's I have received have all been at least a few weeks ..

• 5 weeks later...

Update..found a company that will do this "report address"   1800 baht ....hmmm........not cheap

• 8 months later...

Applying for a 0-A visa for 90 day trip. 

On page 4 Supporting documents . Document no 3. It says 3 . A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months) .

In my country the national healthcare don't produce documents that says you are healthy. If tests should show that you have a serious illness/disease, they'll call you.

Is this a required document? 

Page 4. Document 8. I'm asked to download visa application form. Is it not what I'm currently trying to fill out? 

I can't recall adding documents 3 and 8 to my last years O-A visa.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a 90 day Non - Immigrant O E-visa

Applied September 28th received 04 October

On 20/12/2022 at 04:28, englishman said:

Over the past few years I've had many visa's  both single and multiple entry and via the old method of sending in my Passport and info.

I was the first to applaud the new E visa system as just the mere fact of not subjecting myself to the stress of my Passport return being lost or delayed was a huge bonus. I am now on my third application for an E visa, my first being just as things started to open up after Covid, I found it a bit awkward and with what seemed like way too many questions, and far too many documents. Especially when you consider that as a Canadian along with many other countries I can just basically show up in Thailand and get a 45 day exemption without showing hardly any documents at all.  Upon My first application I received a email about a week after I submitted it, asking for all the pages of my flights ( in my case it was 3 ) and proof of my place of residence in Canada... ( I thought my drivers license was sufficient but I guess not) . One of the main problems I have found is that you can only down load 1 page per question, so if any of your docs , like my flights are more than 1 page it presents a problem right there.

My second application I also received an email a few days after submission, this time they wanted all of the pages of the lease for the house I rent, basically 5 pages of what, where as, and here too's    Not a problem to do in an email back to them but not possible in the online application because of the only 1 page down load thing ( correct me please  if there is a way to do this ? ).

I am now on my 3rd application for a trip in the new year, I submitted more than a month ago now...after 3 weeks and not hearing anything I called, they did not return my call... so I emailed ...I received an email back a few days later telling me that I needed to submit to them a detailed bank statement showing funds of a least 20,000 baht. I had done this with my Canadian bank account showing more than enough funds, So just to be safe I submitted a statement for my Thai account, just over a week has passed now and still nothing, another email and still no reply.  I have never had any kind of problems with Thailand , no over stays no nothing but this is ridiculous !  I'm still a month away from my trip, but starting to wonder what the hell is going on with the RTE Ottawa ? 

Just to explain...I go the 60 day visa route because I stay for 90 days and just extend the 60 days by another 30 at immigration Jomtien.  It may have been better for me to just go on a 45 day, go to Malaysia or somewhere for a couple of days and re-enter on another 45 day, but that would be a fair bit more expensive for me. For a country that's trying to get it's tourism back on track they sure seem to be making it more and more difficult, or so it seems.   A retirement visa is starting to seem like a possible option but  not a cheap one !

If you are applying for a tourist visa the last thing anyone should do is supply a Thai account bank statement 

for other visas I have no idea 

On 04/10/2023 at 22:51, Gonetothedogs said:

If you are applying for a tourist visa the last thing anyone should do is supply a Thai account bank statement 

for other visas I have no idea 

Why ?