IGNORED

My October Trip Hotels

wonky

Thought I'd leave a review of some of the hotels I stayed in on my recent trip to Thailand (not just Pattaya sorry). All hotels were booked through the Agoda app. All my hotels I would consider "cheap" with budget being around £30 or 1000-1400 bhat. All rooms I booked were standard with double bed.

BANGKOK

• hotel Icon  <Agoda Link> - I stayed here twice so obviously thought it was good enough. Guest friendly. One street over from Nana Plaza so location fantastic. I found the room spacious with comfy bed. Rooms were quiet and I didn't hear neighboring rooms. Nice big shower. I was woken one morning by some kind of construction work in the carpark but it didnt bother me too much. The roof top pool was small but quite photogenic with the bangkok skyline. The glass panels could do with a clean though. I would return 8/10

• Citrus Sukhumvit 11  <Agoda Link> - Ok my review is going to be slightly skewed! When I arrived at the hotel I was politely informed that I was being upgraded to a suite! happy days. Anyway again guest friendly. The room was obviously very nice. I had requested a high room and the suite was near the top of the building. I had two bathrooms, a kitchen area with lounge and huge bedroom with lovely views to two sides of the building. I didnt hear anyone else while in the room, and as the bedroom was a couple of rooms in I didn't hear corridor noises at all. Location is quite a way along Soi 11 but I didnt mind the walk. It was a bit perilous near the hotel as the pavement disappears. Nana station is right at the end of Soi 11 and 2 7-11's close by as well as Hilary bar for live music. I would return but doubt i'll be upgraded again 8/10

• FuramaXclusive Sathorn  <Agoda Link> - I thought I would try a different area on my return to Bangkok and options were slim but this hotel had good ratings. Near the metro so walking there wasnt bad, and near Patpong area. The room was huge with a kitchen area and full size bed. Reception were nice enough but I believe this hotel caters more for asian people (maybe chinese?) maybe why the kitchen area in the room? The bed was quite hard but big enough. It was ok but I would not recommend it. I would not return 6/10

Pattaya

• Acqua hotel <Agoda Link>  - On Soi Honey so I found the location amazing. Obviously guest friendly. I was in the main building (same as the reception) so cant comment on the other. I found the staff to be fantastic. very friendly. The room was clean but small compared to others. I was only a couple of floors up and the room was overlooking the front of building onto another building opposite so privacy not the best, so curtains were shut most of the time. A small balcony but no reason to go out there. Shower had big window onto balcony so if you are an exhibitionist you might like it. I did like the hotel. It was quite cosy. Nice sized pool on the roof too. My favourite of the 3 hotels in Pattaya I stayed in. Really the location for me was the big positive. I'd return 8/10

• Intimate hotel <Agoda Link> - On a dead end street so no traffic really so fairly quiet. Huge reception area. Larger room than Acqua with a bath. hotel seemed a bit more upmarket than Acqua. I could hear other rooms at night so sound proofing not the best. Also corridor noises (there was a group there in 3 rooms along my corridor who seemed to enjoy shouting at each other). Nice pool again on roof. I'd return 7.5/10

• Oakwood hotel  <Agoda Link> - Things seemed to be getting busy in Pattaya my choices for hotel were getting slim and was forced to book this hotel. It's location is a bit random but not too bad. I think like the Furama above, it caters for more asian people? I didnt see another falang while I was staying there. Room was quite basic. and had a sink out on the balcony for some reason. It was ok for a couple of nights but I wouldnt recommend. Staff were nice enough. I did not venture to the pool area but looks interesting in the pictures. I would not return 6/10

Hua Hin

• Chalelarn hotel  <Agoda Link>- I had a lovely time in this hotel. Guest friendly.  I actually extended my stay but had to move rooms. The first room was a sea partial view room. Lovely room with lots of wooden features. I was very impressed with it. The second room was too the front of the hotel overlooking the main road. No balcony (which i knew about) but had a bath instead next to a big window. You had to close the blinds to have a pee otherwise the whole street could see you :) Location was good. short walk from the bar area, the night market right outside the front door and only a short walk to the beach. If you're in Hua Hin i'd recommend this hotel for this price range. I'd return 8/10