Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Blackwoods or Arbour hotel

tobeornottobe

I was going to book the Areca but only the old rooms are available which means deal breaker for me.

Both the arbour and blackwoods are two new 4.5 star hotels.  Similar priced.  I think arbour is slightly nicer but blackwoods much better location.  The arbour location isn't that bad though.  Opinions guys

14 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

I was going to book the Areca but only the old rooms are available which means deal breaker for me.

Both the arbour and blackwoods are two new 4.5 star hotels.  Similar priced.  I think arbour is slightly nicer but blackwoods much better location.  The arbour location isn't that bad though.  Opinions guys

i stayed at Blackwoods on soi 7 during the lockdown quarantine restrictions, nice new place, can be noisy since its near the bars.  Thought the rooms were clean and had no issues with anything , I only stayed 1 night though.

never stayed at the arbour hotel but Ride4Kicks on youtube just did a review it in his latest video here: https://youtu.be/38mXido4j4w?t=377

Edited by rainman333

What exactly is the question? Blackwoods in a comfortable walking distance from LK, arbour is in walking distance from a shopping mall

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have booked the Arbour because I don't drink so will get myself a scooter (plus it'll allow me to get about to other places too).  But even then, it's a 10min walk to Central, a 17 min walk to Soi 6 (Same as Page 10), and I'm so used to organising transport due to staying all about the world in hotels, that the quality of the amenities are important.

Washing machine and kitchen is a great addition, plus it seem to get great reviews.

Petehoax did some checking on the guest situation which seems to be standard and passes muster for allowing guests without a fee:

And then the price is also attractive.

But the location is the thing that will be the biggest drawback that I could see for people even if it's not that bad.

• Like 1