IGNORED

Arbour hotel

tobeornottobe

I actually have 3 hotels booked for 9 nights in February, its a pay at hotel with free cancelation for all 3 hotels , im going to have to cancel 2 obviously . The hotels are 

1. Areca 50 euro a night

2. Arbour 55 euro a night

3. Vogue 19 euro a night

which hotel should I go with

I'm going to vote for the Areca Lodge because that is my go to hotel for all my trips.

Can't help you on the other 2, except I have a friend making his first time trip and book the Vogue for 2 1/2 week because of the price. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

This might be helpful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I actually have 3 hotels booked for 9 nights in February, its a pay at hotel with free cancelation for all 3 hotels , im going to have to cancel 2 obviously . The hotels are 

1. Areca 50 euro a night

2. Arbour 55 euro a night

3. Vogue 19 euro a night

which hotel should I go with

i decided for myself that the arbour is too far out without a motorbike, but i'm also someone who likes to often (&quickly) go in & out of the room. therefore i place a premium on staying centrally. 

areca: pay attention to what room category you have and if these are part of the renovated rooms or not (you can check the areca thread or ask there). i also don't like rooms that only have a bath tub and i think that areca still has quite a few of those. and i really want to have a sofa in the room (or a place where i can sit with a girl inside besides the bed). 

vogue is "always" very cheap. had a few semi-recent bad reports on here during covid times. but also some ok ones. 
i've never stayed there. 

i actually have a reservation at the vogue for end of january. booked it quite a while ago. their junior suite king bed  room (41sqm) for under a 1000thb / night all inclusive, which looks like a steal. but i haven't deviced yet if ill stay there. if i do, i'll let you know. 

other options that spring to mind, that you can check out: 
amber hotel
acqua 
LK hotels (metropole / residence)
Page 10 (but currently very expensive for january dates)
247 boutique hotel (but also way too expensive for most dates / booking platforms)

they are all (or should be) in the 1000-2000 thb / night category. 

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Agree with petehoax about paying attention to the room category. I had booked probably what was a standard room or lowest level. Or so they said when I went back down to the front desk to pay for an upgrade.

It was my first stay at Areca and I was really surprised how crappy the room was. If memory serves, it was in Corona building. If you check-in and they hand you an old-school key attached to a block of wood, brace yourself. 

Anyway, paid about 300 more per night and was moved to a room in a different wing and all was fine. And of course, can’t beat the location!

1 hour ago, tps said:

Agree with petehoax about paying attention to the room category. I had booked probably what was a standard room or lowest level. Or so they said when I went back down to the front desk to pay for an upgrade.

It was my first stay at Areca and I was really surprised how crappy the room was. If memory serves, it was in Corona building. If you check-in and they hand you an old-school key attached to a block of wood, brace yourself. 

Anyway, paid about 300 more per night and was moved to a room in a different wing and all was fine. And of course, can’t beat the location!

As I understand it, the first building Areca wing has been upgraded and refurbished, but the second building Corona hasn’t. Not sure about the third building Evergreen (that’s the only one I’ve stayed in and it’s nice).