IGNORED

Somerset Pattaya bargain soft opening offer

chippysam

A quick review of new hotel just opened. The Somerset just opened brand new part of the ASR group. Fantastic location opposite Central Festival on Second Road . 

Huge reception area, building finished to a high standard, competing directly with the Hilton. .Rooftop pool great views also kiddie play area pool . Decent gym for a hotel . Rooms are top quality fittings and finish. Several options on rooms size and equipment. 

I stayed in the executive studio , fridge freezer sink , cooking facilities , washing machine . Lovely bathroom. Friendly staff . 

Prices of you use ASR or say hotels .com . Standard room about £112.00 for this Friday and Saturday . Not a bad price considering the Hilton is over £200.00 tonight. 

There is some very good news for you luxury hunters at a decent price . They have a soft opening promotion running until end of February 23 . 48000.00 baht for a month in the executive studio, no breakfast, room clean 3 times a week electric allowance included. 

A great deal for a property of this standard , in Pattaya currently.. The offer only seems to be available at the desk . Maybe phone or email might work. As it does not appear online currently. 

I booked a month next February be rude not to at that price . 

1669981099597721732533434191435.jpg

1669981155850681243018080501174.jpg

16699812090928485954037724628774.jpg

thx for the review.

imho the place didn't seem to offer enough value for the price (for me personally). it might be different if you move into the higher room categories. but paying 5k / night (for a week in january) for their standard room (35sqm) is just not worth it, at all. (again: just imho, of course).

if their only goal is to compete with the Hilton (which is also very overpriced for what you get), then that's fair and i hope it might lead to more competitive pricing in the future. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

35 minutes ago, petehoax said:

thx for the review.

imho the place didn't seem to offer enough value for the price (for me personally). it might be different if you move into the higher room categories. but paying 5k / night (for a week in january) for their standard room (35sqm) is just not worth it, at all. (again: just imho, of course).

if their only goal is to compete with the Hilton (which is also very overpriced for what you get), then that's fair and i hope it might lead to more competitive pricing in the future. 

I agree high price for a week but a great offer for the month , 1600 baht a night in the executive studio, top value for the standard 

• Like 2

Nice looking place but too expensive for me, but if you can afford it why not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lionking said:

first time i've seen a washing machine inside a hotel room

it's more a mix of serviced appartment (&medium term accomodation) & hotel, from what i understand. at least that was the original plan, maybe they will adapt going forward.

it's quite common in similar places in bangkok (frasier suites, citadines suites etc). 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

2 minutes ago, socrates said:

How big is the executive studio?

https://www.discoverasr.com/en/somerset-serviced-residence/thailand/somerset-pattaya/apartment

it's identical to the standard rooms, but has a larger bath room with the freestanding bath tub. at least it looks that way from the floor plan.

image.thumb.png.0319a47a18e93a9747c6818e228e91f0.png

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lionking said:

first time i've seen a washing machine inside a hotel room

The Marriott Executive apartments in Sathorn and Sukhumvit (57) have them.

13 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Welcome back @chippysam....looking forward to hear about your sexcapades with multiple women at your new home base!

Cheers man , been having a good time . Wandering about Ao Nang Rayong the odd island. Back in town will be trying to put an evening of fun together, but no success yet . 

Those nights are more organic than planned.  Hope you are in good form . Are you in town ?

26 minutes ago, chippysam said:

Cheers man , been having a good time . Wandering about Ao Nang Rayong the odd island. Back in town will be trying to put an evening of fun together, but no success yet . 

Those nights are more organic than planned.  Hope you are in good form . Are you in town ?

Not currently... March/April....the days of 6-8 trips a year are long gone...but still get over there at least every year!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes guest friendly, just leave I'd at reception. But I and my company was never asked