Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Laptop Repair

taximan

Hi. My laptop gets very hot and I get the dreaded blue screen and it shuts down. I think it's heat synch problem. The fan works but the machine gets very hot.Looking for good repair shop in Pattaya. Thanks.

Would be helpful to know what brand it is. 

43 minutes ago, taximan said:

Hi. My laptop gets very hot and I get the dreaded blue screen and it shuts down. I think it's heat synch problem. The fan works but the machine gets very hot.Looking for good repair shop in Pattaya. Thanks.

Before you take it - assuming you haven't - I would suggest running the pre-boot diagnostics yourself, so you know what parts work and what don't.

You never know what a repairman might think/assume the problem to be. Sometimes they're wrong and will spend a bunch of time in one area - even replacing perfectly functional parts - and you end up having to take it in again because the problem wasn't solved and have paid them originally for effectively nothing.

Re the fan - and you may already be aware of this - laptops often have two fans, so if you can hear/feel something working in there, doesn't mean they both are.

Where to take it ... I would suggest one of the little booths in Tukcom - others I'm sure can be more specific.

• Like 2

20221121_222743.jpg.d20a4923a1d3004dcd5d0803c6409c17.jpg

1 hour ago, taximan said:

So does mine when I'm there. Sorry, I can't recommend a repair shop but if I raise it slightly off the surface without hampering any of the aeration sections, it allows it to 'breathe' and not get so hot. A computer type told me this.

Try using a vacuum cleaner or compressed air to blow the crud out of the vents and fans. I actually fixed one with a leaf blower. Same symptoms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, simon6666 said:

Where to take it ... I would suggest one of the little booths in Tukcom - others I'm sure can be more specific.

Avoid the places in Tukcom....Pattaya2U round the back of Tukcom is the place to go ( seems like your fan needs cleaning and fresh Thermal Paste reapplying-500 baht job)plus as another BM has mentioned get a cooling fan for it....cheap as chips on Lazada or contact me here in Patts as I have a brand new (boxed) going for 200 baht.

Sounds like petermilk recommendation is a good one. The tukcom vendors are opportunists. 

I took a phone in for a minor repair and walking around the price started at 900, then 500 and got it done for 300, and probably still paid too much.

5 hours ago, petermik said:

Avoid the places in Tukcom....Pattaya2U round the back of Tukcom is the place to go ( seems like your fan needs cleaning and fresh Thermal Paste reapplying-500 baht job)plus as another BM has mentioned get a cooling fan for it....cheap as chips on Lazada or contact me here in Patts as I have a brand new (boxed) going for 200 baht.

I took my Pc to them had a video issue. Quoted me 2900 for a like video card. Told them to do it. Got a call not an hour later to pick it up. I arrived they gave me a bill for 400 baht was some other repair needed not the video card. Honest guys fast service 

• Like 3

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Thanks for replies,Ive tried the vacumm cleaner and gave the inside a good clean with compresed air made no diffrence, the fan is working but the metal heat synch strip gets very hot, Im using one of those fan coolers which helps a bit, Laptop is 5/6 years old, I dont want to spend too much considering the age of the machine, I will try the shop Soi 7 talked about, Thanks again

56 minutes ago, taximan said:

Thanks for replies,Ive tried the vacumm cleaner and gave the inside a good clean with compresed air made no diffrence, the fan is working but the metal heat synch strip gets very hot, Im using one of those fan coolers which helps a bit, Laptop is 5/6 years old, I dont want to spend too much considering the age of the machine, I will try the shop Soi 7 talked about, Thanks again

5/6 years old laptop if using a HDD is easily upgraded with an SSD and more RAM for little money.....I just upgraded a 12 year old Toshiba for a pal of mine 440 baht for a 120gb SSD.....it has transformed it....fly`s along now :ThumbUp6:

Laptop has ssd  and upgraded ram, I took to reccommended shop Pattaya2U yesterday evening, I collected today, They did a check up and clean cost 500 bt, Im using laptop now and its running good again, Thanks again for all the advice.

3 minutes ago, taximan said:

Laptop has ssd  and upgraded ram, I took to reccommended shop Pattaya2U yesterday evening, I collected today, They did a check up and clean cost 500 bt, Im using laptop now and its running good again, Thanks again for all the advice.

This would probably help also to keep the air moving (700-1,000 Baht)

Cooler.jpg

2 hours ago, Greg_B said:

This would probably help also to keep the air moving (700-1,000 Baht)

He`s already posted that he has one..........:WhoSaw1:

does it overheat with just being idle? I mean if you just reboot the laptop and let it sit for an hour without running any program, will it overheat?  

Laptop can be working ok but the casing is very hot. A blue screen comes up showing error occurred laptop closes down then restarts. This problem is intermittent. I took laptop for repair . They cleaned it and couldn't find any problems. The problem is still there. I replaced the motherboard and SSD about 6 months ago for 5000 BT. I really don't want to spend too much more on AA older laptop. I probably should have binned it before spending money on it before.

44 minutes ago, taximan said:

Laptop can be working ok but the casing is very hot. A blue screen comes up showing error occurred laptop closes down then restarts. This problem is intermittent. I took laptop for repair . They cleaned it and couldn't find any problems. The problem is still there. I replaced the motherboard and SSD about 6 months ago for 5000 BT. I really don't want to spend too much more on AA older laptop. I probably should have binned it before spending money on it before.

increase the airflow as described above. any money spent on a fan device does not matter as you can use it on a replacement.

i have a micro computer unit about the size of a cigarette box and at first it appeared to overheat. i bought a diddy fan to fit under it but i have found i do not need to power it up. just having it sitting on top of it has given more air flow even switched off

Edited by striderman

Thanks. I'm using a fan unit that I bought when this problem started. I think it helps a bit as shutdowns are not as frequent. I'll just leave as is for now 

• 1 month later...
On 22/11/2022 at 03:02, petermik said:

Thanks for the info. PATTAYA2U is definitely a good place to know. Very good service, quick and competent.

Just saw this topic, to solve the overheating issue, most of the time new thermal paste needs to be applied to the processor ( after the old dried paste  has been scraped off) Not too difficult to do yourself, lots of videos on yt.

Thanks, Went to PATTAYA 2U, They cleaned laptop and applied thermal paste, The laptop worked fine for 1 day, i took it back to shop and they checked laptop again, This time they took out 1 of the ram cards that they said was iffy, All ok now, PATTAYA2U I would reccomend, First visit they charged 500 bht second visit no charge.

• Like 2