IGNORED

My Day Out at Bangpakong Riverside

Tuna Town

Played here in October

Green Fee 1750 baht

Caddy/Cart Included. 

Had booked a tee time during the week from Farangland via Line and got me booked in for an 9:00am tee off

Arrived after a 90 minute drive from my condo at Pratmanak. Not hard to find up the freeway and you turn off just after the rest stops about 20 km from Suvarnabhumi and then it a 10 minute drive from there 

Now I had a bit of a lateish night in Pattaya where I had a ride on some TG who departed at 0100 so I was a bit tired today upon arrival 

Went in got dressed and paid my money and went out to the area you meet up with the caddy and what can I say we had colour coordinated as I had work a short the same colour as her caddy outfit today

Headed out on the course and Tee off and around in about 3 hours as today as it was just me and my caddy. Had a good run on the front 9 but got held up a bit on the Back 9 a bit 

First time here so was going in blind but one thing that did stand out here was the presence of a breeze. Now I ain't seen a lot of wind on Thai Golf Courses but this was a 2 club breeze out here today on a flat open links style course 

As for my golf game I play off 13 so was  happy with 86 off the stick around there. Matter of fact it was the best score I had so far this trip and a return to some kind of form

Had to give the caddy the 100 baht on the first Par 3. Must say the Par 3s here were not easy. Everyone was 150m plus which was for around LoS quite bizarre as so many of them are short.

Highlights of the round was the Par on the 6th. Dogleg left water down the right . Cut the corner off well and left me an 8 iron in which I smoked to 6feet. Then proceeded to soft cock the putt leaving it short when I had the line. Frustrating but well played 

Other satisfying efforts would be the Par on the 18th where a drive up the fairway layed up to wedge distance and pitched onto the green in front of the club house with a water carry. Solid 2 putt Well played hole for a Par 5 

Lowlight was the brain fade on the last hole of the day the 12th. 

After the 10th and a delay down the 10th my caddy had got me fast tracked to the 13th so we played the 13th to the 18th then had to come back to play the 11th and 12th to finish off the 18 

Playing the Par 5 12th I got a great drive away. Solid 5 Iron up the fairway leaving me wedge distance in. Now I was debating PW or GW and ended up trying to hit a softer PW and proceeded to put it into a bunker and short sided myself. Chunked the bunker shot to the back of the green leaving me a long turning a couple of metres downhill putt for Par. Proceeded to 3 putt it and walk off with a 7. Very disappointed from where I was after 2 when I really should have been decisive and tried hitting a hard shot not getting a little cute with the edge play 

The pleasing thing it was really the only real brain fade today. The only other big score hole was a double where I found a fairway bunker. Got out of it only to find I had ended up in the next one 555

My putting was an improvement with 30 putts today but this was more down to my chipping being goodish. 

My chipping was handy because I missed that many greens I got plenty of practice in 

My driving today was great. No lost balls and found the fairway most of the time which is a rarity for me. Only had one really bad drive where I pulled it left and it snuck a yard OB on the 10th

Well let's just say my golf was massively improved today. Shame it wouldn't stick around 

Nice quality golf course that I would thoroughly recommend. It's approx 90 mins from Pattaya. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

34 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

Played here in October

Green Fee 1750 baht

Caddy/Cart Included. 

Had booked a tee time during the week from Farangland via Line and got me booked in for an 9:00am tee off

Arrived after a 90 minute drive from my condo at Pratmanak. Not hard to find up the freeway and you turn off just after the rest stops about 20 km from Suvarnabhumi and then it a 10 minute drive from there 

Now I had a bit of a lateish night in Pattaya where I had a ride on some TG who departed at 0100 so I was a bit tired today upon arrival 

Went in got dressed and paid my money and went out to the area you meet up with the caddy and what can I say we had colour coordinated as I had work a short the same colour as her caddy outfit today

Headed out on the course and Tee off and around in about 3 hours as today as it was just me and my caddy. Had a good run on the front 9 but got held up a bit on the Back 9 a bit 

First time here so was going in blind but one thing that did stand out here was the presence of a breeze. Now I ain't seen a lot of wind on Thai Golf Courses but this was a 2 club breeze out here today on a flat open links style course 

As for my golf game I play off 13 so was  happy with 86 off the stick around there. Matter of fact it was the best score I had so far this trip and a return to some kind of form

Had to give the caddy the 100 baht on the first Par 3. Must say the Par 3s here were not easy. Everyone was 150m plus which was for around LoS quite bizarre as so many of them are short.

Highlights of the round was the Par on the 6th. Dogleg left water down the right . Cut the corner off well and left me an 8 iron in which I smoked to 6feet. Then proceeded to soft cock the putt leaving it short when I had the line. Frustrating but well played 

Other satisfying efforts would be the Par on the 18th where a drive up the fairway layed up to wedge distance and pitched onto the green in front of the club house with a water carry. Solid 2 putt Well played hole for a Par 5 

After the 10th and a delay down the 10th my caddy had got me fast tracked to the 13th so we played the 13th to the 18th then had to come back to play the 11th and 12th to finish off the 18 

Playing the Par 5 12th I got a great drive away. Solid 5 Iron up the fairway leaving me wedge distance in. Now I was debating PW or GW and ended up trying to hit a softer PW and proceeded to put it into a bunker and short sided myself. Chunked the bunker shot to the back of the green leaving me a long turning a couple of metres downhill putt for Par. Proceeded to 3 putt it and walk off with a 7. Very disappointed from where I was after 2 when I really should have been decisive and tried hitting a hard shot not getting a little cute with the edge play 

The pleasing thing it was really the only real brain fade today. The only other big score hole was a double where I found a fairway bunker. Got out of it only to find I had ended up in the next one 555

My putting was an improvement with 30 putts today but this was more down to my chipping being goodish. 

My chipping was handy because I missed that many greens I got plenty of practice in 

My driving today was great. No lost balls and found the fairway most of the time which is a rarity for me. Only had one really bad drive where I pulled it left and it snuck a yard OB on the 10th

Well let's just say my golf was massively improved today. Shame it wouldn't stick around 

Nice quality golf course that I would thoroughly recommend. It's approx 90 mins from Pattaya. 

Wow 30 putts that's really good.  Sounds like your short game was cooking today.  I love telling my regular sexy caddy in Issan that I need "up and down" this hole, it never gets old!

Edited by hoback

"If a man could fuck a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house". - Dave Chappelle

After golf I got my caddy to drop me at the practice facilities at Bangpakong

Only about 200 metres from the clubhouse so not far to walk back afterwards 

Went in and hit 4 trays and had a good solid workout for 2 hours. I was heading into BKK city as I was staying overnight so killing time with some practice made some sense 

The place has a Driving Range of over 200 yards which although rough on the eye it is effective where it matters. It also had a great chipping pitching and bunker practice area as well as a putting green.

Tray of balls 50 baht and drinks available 

IMG20221027111111.jpg

IMG20221027111114.jpg

IMG20221027111117.jpg

IMG20221027111119.jpg

1 minute ago, hoback said:

Wow 30 putts that really good.  Sounds like your short game was cooking today.  I love telling my regular sexy caddy in Issan that I need "up and down" this hole, it never gets old!

Considering I wasn't draining putts either then yeah it was. 

I did though get a lot of practice at chipping as I found myself just off the green a lot this day as I just couldn't hit the green.

The chip shots did suit me also as I had a lot of flat shots with green to work with where I could just hit the 9 iron pick a spot 1/3 of the way to the hole and run it up to the hole.

It was almost like I was playing a shot in conditions that suited my technical skill level

Many times I didn't have to putt as the chips were inside the circle in tap in range 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

Considering I wasn't draining putts either then yeah it was. 

I did though get a lot of practice at chipping as I found myself just off the green a lot this day as I just couldn't hit the green.

The chip shots did suit me also as I had a lot of flat shots with green to work with where I could just hit the 9 iron pick a spot 1/3 of the way to the hole and run it up to the hole.

It was almost like I was playing a shot in conditions that suited my technical skill level

Many times I didn't have to putt as the chips were inside the circle in tap in range 

it's nice when one can get in a rythm that way.  missing just short of the green makes things alot easier than wide left or right and having to go over a bunker or chip downhill etc.

"If a man could fuck a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house". - Dave Chappelle

8 minutes ago, hoback said:

it's nice when one can get in a rythm that way.  missing just short of the green makes things alot easier than wide left or right and having to go over a bunker or chip downhill etc.

It's the shot I want around the green. I practice it a lot at my home course on the practice area so I am quite comfortable with it and am looking for it and feel I can really attack the hole 

Yesterday played Saturday comp and couldn't get one like that. Always seemed to need a bit of elevation on the chip so always felt like I was playing a defensive shot  😂

4 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

It's the shot I want around the green. I practice it a lot at my home course on the practice area so I am quite comfortable with it and am looking for it and feel I can really attack the hole 

Yesterday played Saturday comp and couldn't get one like that. Always seemed to need a bit of elevation on the chip so always felt like I was playing a defensive shot  😂

for years i would attack the hole knowing i can make that distance and then be pin high or over with some terrible lie or difficult angle of approach...

Thanks for the pictures as usual TT but course looks flat and pretty boring. Considering it's far from patts is it worth going to considering the courses near Pattaya? 

On 23/11/2022 at 19:44, GARYZX6R said:

Thanks for the pictures as usual TT but course looks flat and pretty boring. Considering it's far from patts is it worth going to considering the courses near Pattaya? 

It's a good quality course. 

Yes it's flat 

Yes it's open and wide 

The trees are growing which will in time make the wide open look disappear as they mature

But there is still plenty of challenges there that make this not an "easy" course with water and Internal OOB 

The Par 3s were all over 155m to 200m so no gimmie Pars and you have to play well to par let alone hit the green with a tee shot 

As for the distance from Pattaya  it's a bit further away than most courses but probably 30 mins more than you spend going to Greenwood Pattavia Century or Treasure Hill

Most of the Golf Bars have it on their monthly schedules 

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/11/2022 at 10:38, Tuna Town said:

Played here in October

Green Fee 1750 baht

Caddy/Cart Included. 

I like Bangpakong as the greens are not Bermuda! What you see is what you get. I've only played it twice and had a 75 from the whites. Par 3's are a bit long but the par 5's are gettable.

I did upset my caddy on 9. You can't see the fairway and the caddy gave me the line. Another caddy was stood up high on a cart and my drive which was on the line given me was declared NAM! Oh shit. Got to where it went in and my caddie had brought my 7 iron. I brought my 3 wood. She wanted me to hit 7 and lay up. I put 3 wood on the green and made my par.

She didn't talk to me for 2 holes or give me yardages or lines on the green. I still don't know what I did wrong to upset her.