IGNORED

BKK deal for Canadians

pattayaplayer

Here is Cathay Pacific’s Black Friday sale for Canadians.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_CA/offers/collection/blackfriday2022.html

The chances of getting a better deal than CAD$832 for economy return from YYZ to BKK are just about zero.  CAD$1,567 for Premium Economy is an even better value!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been watching flight prices YYZ-BKK for a while now. Jan - Mar trip.

When i first started looking it was like $1200 and now prices seem to be just over $2000. I don't know if prices go up and down but it seems like just up in winter.

Thanks for the link I'll keep an eye on prices there.

8 hours ago, Dishmonkey said:

I've been watching flight prices YYZ-BKK for a while now. Jan - Mar trip.

When i first started looking it was like $1200 and now prices seem to be just over $2000. I don't know if prices go up and down but it seems like just up in winter.

Thanks for the link I'll keep an eye on prices there.

Let us know if you find a better deal.  I’ll be very surprised if you do.

What dates are those prices discounted?  I did some playing around on the Cathay site and can't find any prices advertised.

Looks like some bait and switch advertising.

BTW, I thought I got a good deal on Cathay leaving YYZ on Monday for $2,151 for Premium

8 hours ago, niteray said:

What dates are those prices discounted?  I did some playing around on the Cathay site and can't find any prices advertised.

Looks like some bait and switch advertising.

BTW, I thought I got a good deal on Cathay leaving YYZ on Monday for $2,151 for Premium

Hit the link I posted then hit BKK.  You’ll get the prices.  Check the T & C for dates.  I think must be booked in the next week or so for flights starting around January 23 until late May.  Not difficult to find.

Terms and conditions

See here for complete details

1.    Cannot be combined with any other fare or offer.

2.    Taxes and surcharges are approximate. The exact amount will be displayed once all flights have been selected.

3.    The fares detailed in the offer/promotion are subject to availability and offered on a first come, first served basis. The limited number of seats for the subject fare allocated to a particular flight may be fully booked although seats are still available in other fare types in the same class of travel.

4.    This is a limited time and limited availability offer. Only available for a limited time through 11:59pm PST on 28 November 2022 (or until deemed sold out). If you cannot find availability for the dates that you have selected, please adjust your travel dates.

5.    May be eligible for Asia Miles depending on fare class booked.

6.    Waitlisting are not permitted. Valid on CX operated flights only.

7.    Fares listed above based on a sample search for mid-week transpacific departure dates from Vancouver. 

8.    Valid for departure: 01 Jan 23-24 May 23 / 15 Aug 23 – 28 Oct 23 from Toronto or Vancouver

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pattayaplayer said:

Hit the link I posted then hit BKK.  You’ll get the prices.  Check the T & C for dates.  I think must be booked in the next week or so for flights starting around January 23 until late May.  Not difficult to find.

I did hit the link and punched in some dates for later in 2023.  

I just can't locate any special fares the website or you quoted.  

Do you work for Cathay?  You seem to be pushing this real hard

Works for me, late-April to mid-May from YVR to BKK, from CAD 825 which is a slightly-better fare than the OP said.

Thanks for the tip !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, niteray said:

I did hit the link and punched in some dates for later in 2023.  

I just can't locate any special fares the website or you quoted.  

Do you work for Cathay?  You seem to be pushing this real hard

Instead of casting aspersions you might try learning how to search on the internet.  Read semi-retired member’s post.  

This board is full of posts from guys in Canada and in the US concerned about escalating airline prices.  I posted a link to an excellent deal that I hope will help a few people be able to afford to visit LOS.  

I am retired and have never worked for an airline.  It’s too bad a post intended to be helpful is distracted by some-one who can’t find or read Terms and Conditions on a web page.

• Like 2