IGNORED

Just out of interest….motorbike taxi bikes

Vespa

Why do so many motorbike taxi’s use mostly Honda Waves , 110 and 125i?, are they quicker or more reliable, chain drive mostly too.

miles per gallon, cheaper spares and servicing, bullet proof engine and the basket helps them at times

Edited by pattayagolf
  • Like 3

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

They also have low centre of gravity, easier to keep moving at low speed and weave in and out of traffic.

It's why similar bikes, Honda Forza 125, are used by trainee London Black Taxi drivers doing 'the Knowledge of London'.

• 2 months later...
On 13/11/2022 at 06:25, Vespa said:

Why do so many motorbike taxi’s use mostly Honda Waves , 110 and 125i?, are they quicker or more reliable, chain drive mostly too.

Cheap to buy, sturdy and reliable in use, low fuel consumption, quick and cheap to service. 

Took about 10 - 15 minutes and 140 baht to service my Honda Dream every couple or three months. 

5 hours ago, Micky2 said:

Cheap to buy, sturdy and reliable in use, low fuel consumption, quick and cheap to service. 

Took about 10 - 15 minutes and 140 baht to service my Honda Dream every couple or three months. 

Also as they are mostly a manual gearbox they can do a lot of there servicing themselves vs an automatic gearbox bike.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png