Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Heathrow staff vote to strike from 18th November

daytripperz

Looks like three days of industrial action from the 18th November. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63510375

I fly on the 16th and my mate on the 17th. Both with Thai (although they aren't mentioned as being affected, you never know!) He was shitting it more than me, as when we first heard about it the earliest they could strike was 2 weeks after the ballot ended apparently, which would have been the 17th.:Bow2:

I feel for anyone though who has travel plans that get ruined :(

Edited by daytripperz

• daytripperz changed the title to Heathrow staff vote to strike from 18th November
1 hour ago, daytripperz said:

Looks like three days of industrial action from the 18th November. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63510375

I fly on the 16th and my mate on the 17th. Both with Thai (although they aren't mentioned as being affected, you never know!) He was shitting it more than me, as when we first heard about it the earliest they could strike was 2 weeks after the ballot ended apparently, which would have been the 17th.:Bow2:

I feel for anyone though who has travel plans that get ruined 😞

I fly on the 22nd.. hope they sort it out

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

yeah think i might just miss this as flying back on the 24th, though it would have been a good excuse to extend the stay for another  week :)

Industrial Action on the 18th November, great......just in time for the World Cup...

Skippy

Edited by SkippyRoo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I fly tomorrow so unfortunate timing.  However delving deeper it is only the Menzies  staff now striking.  So I guess if you fly with an airline that uses a different baggage/ramp crew you should be ok.  So anybody else flying with Eva this weekend should not panic

47 minutes ago, jonny316 said:

Sadly I fly tomorrow so unfortunate timing.  However delving deeper it is only the Menzies  staff now striking.  So I guess if you fly with an airline that uses a different baggage/ramp crew you should be ok.  So anybody else flying with Eva this weekend should not panic

Glad to hear Eva are operating, I'm here in Thailand and cannot contact Eva via the app, online (access denied) or had a return call from the Bangkok office which is always on answer service. Going to visit a travel office tomorrow to see if they have anyway of contacting Eva here in Thailand.

55 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Glad to hear Eva are operating, I'm here in Thailand and cannot contact Eva via the app, online (access denied) or had a return call from the Bangkok office which is always on answer service. Going to visit a travel office tomorrow to see if they have anyway of contacting Eva here in Thailand.

I think you will be fine 

2 hours ago, jonny316 said:

I think you will be fine 

I don't know if I will be "fine" yet, but you may be a little psychic, after 3 days the online feed is now working just minutes after your reply, unfortunately the app is still "down" and of course Eva office Bangkok only works Mon-Fri 9-5 (Thai time). At least I can check in for departure but the 20 day limit on retrieving "lost property" is now running out! TIT.

2 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I don't know if I will be "fine" yet, but you may be a little psychic, after 3 days the online feed is now working just minutes after your reply, unfortunately the app is still "down" and of course Eva office Bangkok only works Mon-Fri 9-5 (Thai time). At least I can check in for departure but the 20 day limit on retrieving "lost property" is now running out! TIT.

Apologies mate I have misinterpreted your issue.  I assumed you were flying back this weekend and concerned about whether your return flight would be effected by the strike action at Heathrow given the thread subject.  Apologies.  Hope you get your bag back

1 minute ago, jonny316 said:

Apologies mate I have misinterpreted your issue.  I assumed you were flying back this weekend and concerned about whether your return flight would be effected by the strike action at Heathrow given the thread subject.  Apologies.  Hope you get your bag back

My apologies I may have committed a bit of a thread f__k. 

Sadly 2 Thai Airways flights have been canceled last night's flight TG917 at 21.35 to Bangkok and again tonight the 21st Nov's the TG917 has been canceled again anyone due to fly on these flights don't know reason for cancellations.