IGNORED

VT6 Alternative

mattmoore1965x

Hi all - Its looking like my favorite room in VT6 is taken when I visit in january, and I think I want to use this as an excuse to try somewhere else for a change.  I'll probably regret it, but I dont want to be one of those people who just do the same thing year in year out......well, apart from visiting Pattaya that is....

So, any advice please?  I'd want something close (ish) to VT6, with a decent sized room with a balcony.

• I've stopped in The Base before, but found the rooms too small and it took ages to walk from the room to the road
  • I've stayed in the Centara Avenue Residences, this could work again but I'd like to try somehwere new

Thanks!

picking a hotel is out of the question? popular options nearby would be page10, baybreeze, the new sumerset and of course the Hilton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Yeah couple weeks ago I checked honey's booking page and lots of rooms were booked up wow. VT6 is very popular. and for dancewatcher it's expensive.

How much smaller is base vs Vt6? for similar price rooms.

Where do you book Centara Avenue Residences' rooms?

23 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

How much smaller is base vs Vt6? for similar price rooms.

Maybe they arer about the same price, but they have a seperate bedroom to the living area which for me made them feel tiny!

23 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

Where do you book Centara Avenue Residences' rooms?

On AirBnB.....but it is on Agoda now also (use the PA link if you book!)

• Like 1

On 04/11/2022 at 12:47, petehoax said:

picking a hotel is out of the question? popular options nearby would be page10, baybreeze, the new sumerset and of course the Hilton

hotel not out the question - but I just prefer a condo for some reason.......

A new hotel with monthly rates just opened up across from VT6 opposite Central Festival. I think it's a 4 star though, so not cheap.  I think their 'introductory' rate was 40k/month.  It may be more now.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 1

I’ve stayed at the vt6 for the past 8 years , but found the rooms are getting a bit dated . I have book grand avenue this time , hoping I enjoy it as much 

On 04/11/2022 at 07:15, mattmoore1965x said:

Hi all - Its looking like my favorite room in VT6 is taken when I visit in january, and I think I want to use this as an excuse to try somewhere else for a change.  I'll probably regret it, but I dont want to be one of those people who just do the same thing year in year out......well, apart from visiting Pattaya that is....

So, any advice please?  I'd want something close (ish) to VT6, with a decent sized room with a balcony.

• I've stopped in The Base before, but found the rooms too small and it took ages to walk from the room to the road
  • I've stayed in the Centara Avenue Residences, this could work again but I'd like to try somehwere new

Thanks!

Are you staying for a full month?  Or a certain number of nights?  If a full month you may want to try Air B&B for condos like The Urban, Grand Avenue, City Garden, The Pride, as well.  All centered off Soi 15.

Myself I prefer VT6 as well although during high season it can get a bit expensive.  Can't beat the night lights on the Walking St side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lam Chabang said:

Are you staying for a full month?  Or a certain number of nights?  If a full month you may want to try Air B&B for condos like The Urban, Grand Avenue, City Garden, The Pride, as well.  All centered off Soi 15.

Myself I prefer VT6 as well although during high season it can get a bit expensive.  Can't beat the night lights on the Walking St side.

No - just 15 nights I'm afraid!

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2022 at 19:38, Mickyboy said:

I’ve stayed at the vt6 for the past 8 years , but found the rooms are getting a bit dated . I have book grand avenue this time , hoping I enjoy it as much 

Looking to book Grand Avenue myself Micky , who did u book through ? Ta

There's a new agency just opened up in VT6,  see pic. may be worth a try.

There are about 6 agencies here and they all manage their own stock.

Don't know about the "Mountly" rates. 😁

20221117_130447.thumb.jpg.81f1b47d9b173984b7b9b99a7998a09b.jpg

3 hours ago, BigRichard said:

Looking to book Grand Avenue myself Micky , who did u book through ? Ta

Hi pal 

booked through booking .com . I’m here now ands it really nice . Can send you owners number if your interested 👍

3 hours ago, Sloracer said:

There's a new agency just opened up in VT6,  see pic. may be worth a try.

There are about 6 agencies here and they all manage their own stock.

Don't know about the "Mountly" rates. 😁

It amazes me no one asks a English speaker to proof read their signs before going to print.

It is actually more rare to see a sign correct than incorrect.

There is a sign in my condo's motorbike parking level that reads, "Big Bike Papking only."

WTF

4 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

It amazes me no one asks a English speaker to proof read their signs before going to print.

There is a sign in my condo's motorbike parking level that reads, "Big Bike Papking only."

WTF

Yes!! I was making exactly the same comment to friend today about the proof reading. I laugh when I see this, and sadly I see it too often

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

WTF

1178905167_thainglishshoplifters.jpg.c2c35bf33876882b84bedcbc71d13dee.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, simon6666 said:

1178905167_thainglishshoplifters.jpg.c2c35bf33876882b84bedcbc71d13dee.jpg

Does that also apply when you agree on a 1.5K ST, but only pay her 1K?  It's kinda like shoplifting eh?

32 minutes ago, Lam Chabang said:

Does that also apply when you agree on a 1.5K ST, but only pay her 1K?  It's kinda like shoplifting eh?

My opinion on the subject can be found here.

Only, and last, comment on this absolutely bizarre response to a funny, light-hearted, joking post.

1 hour ago, LASportsNut said:

WTF

Nono, keep it like it is now. Weird English spelling is how you know it’s authentic Thai. I hope they don’t start checking it before it goes to print. I love it every time I see a new sign that makes me smile 

• Haha 1

As this thread has been resurrected; a quick update:

I am a failure in life, and have rebooked a different room in VT6 for my return at the end of January.

I feel like I am on a slippery slope and will soon only wear the same brand of boxer shorts day in day out.

Edited by mattmoore1965x

I did pay end of Jan with Honey an appt in high floor beach view, well kept (been in before) for 1500/night.

I love VT6: central location, balcony to chill in the evening, even can have a fuck there, easy acess from beach road without walkign through a lobby --and if you ask TF-girls to come they all know the place. 

Perhaps try other agencies.  Honey only got limited numbers of appt.

488607592_PattOkt18020(2019_01_3015_59_25UTC).JPG.a37e8b2bf94671843b5c9ee4042c96d6.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

They misspell on purpose to piss of the native English (and US) speakers The misspelled sign industries are big business in SEA and on par with mongers contribution to GNP😝

5 hours ago, Mickyboy said:

Hi pal 

booked through booking .com . I’m here now ands it really nice . Can send you owners number if your interested 👍

That would be awesome thanks . A link to the Condo if yin get a chance ? Appreciated