Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cheapest and fastest way to get to Bangkok's Thunderdome stadium

romri

Hi,

Staying in Pattaya for a few weeks, and I want to attend a concert in Bangkok's Thunderdome Stadium next week. I'm still considering my options, haven't decided if it will be better to just stay in Bangkok for one night or make the return trip on the same day.

For now I'm trying to find the best balance between price and time to make the trip there on the day of the concert and return right after (could be around 12 am). I don't mind the 1.5+ hours drive.

The stadium is located close to Don Mueng airport, so I could use a transportation services that go there and then catch a taxi. But I really prefer to get to the venue directly.

What are my options? Is there a direct bus I can take? If no buses or cheaper options, I don't mind paying up to 2000 baht for the return trip (but more than that might be excessive... The concert ticket itself was definitely not cheap). If there is a direct bus or a shared van, that would be ideal.

Also, I'm thinking, since this is a big concert, maybe there are organized transports from various parts of the country, but since I don't know Thai, it's a bit difficult for me to find them (even online).

Appreciate all the help you can give!

Thanks!!!

Gunners ? Last time they played, they finished at 11pm if that helps you 

Edited by Lazzano

You might try Meows taxi. I know they service to Don Mueang (unlike Nam's.) Worst case could be a bolt back. Should be under 2k. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

25 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

You might try Meows taxi. I know they service to Don Mueang (unlike Nam's.) Worst case could be a bolt back. Should be under 2k. 

Thanks, I meant 2k for the round trip. I will check Meows, maybe I'll even send them aj offer for a round trip, see what they say. Still looking for cheaper options, like bus.

29 minutes ago, Lazzano said:

Gunners ? Last time they played, they finished at 11pm if that helps you 

Haha yeah 🤘

9 minutes ago, romri said:

Thanks, I meant 2k for the round trip

Ah, sorry. I don't think that can't be done with taxis.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

13 hours ago, romri said:

Thanks, I meant 2k for the round trip. I will check Meows, maybe I'll even send them aj offer for a round trip, see what they say. Still looking for cheaper options, like bus.

Haha yeah 🤘

I think your cheapest option would be to take the bus from the Pattaya Bus Station to the Mo Chit Bus Station for $4 USD.  From there you can take a taxi from the bus station to the arena, which takes about 20 minutes.  Not sure what the last bus back is to Pattaya, but your choices could be overnight cheap in Bangkok and take the bus back or try a Bolt.  

Or you could also try the BTS to Ekkamai to see if there is a later bus.  Just need to look at the schedules to see what accommodated you the best

10 hours ago, Lam Chabang said:

I think your cheapest option would be to take the bus from the Pattaya Bus Station to the Mo Chit Bus Station for $4 USD.  From there you can take a taxi from the bus station to the arena, which takes about 20 minutes.  Not sure what the last bus back is to Pattaya, but your choices could be overnight cheap in Bangkok and take the bus back or try a Bolt.  

Or you could also try the BTS to Ekkamai to see if there is a later bus.  Just need to look at the schedules to see what accommodated you the best

Thanks. So just for reference, the bus you're talking about can be found at https://pattayabus.com. I think it's definitely a good option for the onward journey. For the return journy I'm considering a taxi (so the total cost would still be under 2000), or a hotel like you suggested. Those are good options. Thank you!

If there are other suggestions I'll be happy to hear!

6 hours ago, romri said:

Thanks. So just for reference, the bus you're talking about can be found at https://pattayabus.com. I think it's definitely a good option for the onward journey. For the return journy I'm considering a taxi (so the total cost would still be under 2000), or a hotel like you suggested. Those are good options. Thank you!

If there are other suggestions I'll be happy to hear!

Correct, that is the website.  A Bolt/taxi back to Pattaya after the show shouldn't be a problem for 1000-1200 or so.  Not sure of the entertainment around the Thunderdome.  If there was something to "keep you occupied", you could pocket the 1000 and take the 6am bus back to Pattaya.

I saw Carrie Underwood a couple of weeks ago and she did a KILLER version of "Welcome to the Jungle" including the "p-p-p-p-please, please".  Dynamite show and one hot woman.  Have fun!