IGNORED

Tattoos

makntracks

hi all. will be going to pattaya for first time in a couple of weeks looking at getting a few tattoos done just wondering where a few good spots are and what the prices are like? do they charge bye the hour? any ideas on how busy they get will i have to book in advance?

any help much appreciated

cheers

mick

You will be able to walk into most places without a wait. As far as the rates, it will vary from shop to shop, but a piece that would normally cost around 500USD, can be had for as little as 100USD. Again the quality will vary with the prices and the shops, so best to find a shop with some good references. Many members here can help you with that i'm sure.

[email protected]

Airport Pickups/Dropoffs & Adventure Tours

He has the Dragon King name on his shop. He is on the side alley of Mikes Shopping. He done 3 tats for me and is very good in detail and fair priced.

babydollsaddict.gif

ive had a few tattoos from dragon king to. ex the kid who does them is top class. i went in and 6 hours on my ribs off the spare of the moment so no wait is necessery most of the time.

Have to agree Ex @ Dragonking Tattoo is very good.I have just returned from Thailand and spent 16 hours getting inked by him,he charges approx 1000 baht an hour.Ex is top notch at Japanese style tattooing both in black and gray and also colour.I took him some ideas and he produced a custom design for me,you will find him very easy to get on with and he speaks decent English.

The only shop worth visiting is Thai Tattoo Studio - clean, very talented artists and well priced. Check out their website.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

The only shop worth visiting is Thai Tattoo Studio - clean, very talented artists and well priced. Check out their website.

I agree great service, if you do a search on here fir tattoo you will find some pics of their work or check out the website.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

IMO I am not impressed by the work from Thai Tattoo Studio but each to their own.I am impressed with one artist who did work there though, a Thai guy called Ton,he now has his own shop on Third rd.

im after a full colour sleave only there for a bit over a week so trying to get all the advice i can so i cant start asap.

cheers

mick

• 2 weeks later...
im after a full colour sleave only there for a bit over a week so trying to get all the advice i can so i cant start asap.

cheers

mick

Mick,

Did you find a tattooist to do your sleeve?

• 1 year later...

hrmm to say that the only shop worth visiting is Thai Tattoo Studio is a bit of an exaggerated statement. Dragon King has extreme talent and has won awards at tattoo exhibitions. Very easy to get along with too.

go see joe at 13 crowns tattoo on central pattaya rd. he is by far the best not to mention hes a great guy and his shop is new and clean. he has been tattooing me here for the last 5 years and has a very strong following. his work won me first place in the pattaya tattoo convention and he will go to bat with any of my artist from the states or holland. best in pattaya!

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

Can't agree with that statement. I've got a full color sleeve cover on my right arm in May 2009. Three months later the color faded and the "thing" beneath the cover got visible again. So I got back last month to get some new color. The color is fading again, but you can't spot the original tattoo.

I've also got a custom design (something I came up with) on my left arm 2009. Darkest black, still good. I guess you can't make a general statement about tattoo studios in Pattaya.

This year I've tried three different studios and got 'poor', 'average' and 'outstanding' quality.

Poor: Walk out of Soi LK Metro to Soi Buakhow, stay on the right side. Should be opposite to Oasis a gogo.

Average: Go to WS and head up north to the traffic lights, turn left and stay on the left side. After 5-10 small shops you'll notice a tattoo shop. If you know what and how you want - Fair choice.

Outstanding: Walk out of Soi Honey towards 2nd Road, turn right and stay on the right side. About fifty meters and you'll be there. They do a lot of copies and not so much genuine work, but if you find something in there catalogs (or draw something down like I did) they'll get you an almost exact copy.

Talking about cash: Farang owned studios charge usually per hour. Somewhat around 1800 and 2000 Baht. If you go to a thai owned tattoo studio, make damn sure to bargain. They won't charge per hour, but on 'size/detail/whatever' - it's the same deal either way.

Just ask how long they think the tattoo will take and start with something about 800 Baht to 1000 Baht per hour, depending on if you really get a full back piece or some on hour tramp stamp...

• 2 weeks later...

hi all. will be going to pattaya for first time in a couple of weeks looking at getting a few tattoos done just wondering where a few good spots are and what the prices are like? do they charge bye the hour? any ideas on how busy they get will i have to book in advance?

any help much appreciated

cheers

mick

• 3 months later...

go see joe at 13 crowns tattoo on central pattaya rd. he is by far the best not to mention hes a great guy and his shop is new and clean. he has been tattooing me here for the last 5 years and has a very strong following. his work won me first place in the pattaya tattoo convention and he will go to bat with any of my artist from the states or holland. best in pattaya!

any photos of your award winning tatt

My mate was so happy with this work on his chest, he wants to take the fella back to Australia and open a shop.

The whole chest 5000 baht.

I have his number if you want, clean, sterile,cheap and will come to your room.

DSCF0874.jpg

must agree with the post's about thai tattoo studio I had a cover up done and it's faded very badly wasn't a great tattoo (not terible either ) you can see thye origonal through it now.

I wouldn't go back which is a shame as the shop is imepecably clean and well set up but all in all very disapointed

Edited by monkey01

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

i wouldnt go to anyone apart from ex (dragonking) in art street, the sleave he did for me and the work he's done on numerous mates of mine are all awsome, and his work is all original.

he's won loads of awards, great guy and speaks good english. nuf said

i had one done before i found ex from nop tattoo in soi 8. it was a half sleeve where the dragon was supposed to wrap around but they obviously got the picture out of mag so they had to freestyle the inside of my arm and it looked nothing like the original design. the whole thing was a shocking job, and they overcharged!

if u want a great tattoo, definately use ex!

Can also vouch for Joe,

I think I either overpaid him, or he is just expensive

But his work is phenomenal,

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif