IGNORED

DLT Rayong for drivers license

Fr_loper

My driver license was expired more than 1 year, (due to the travel restrictions with covid) so needed to take the theories test again, so went to the DLT in Pattaya, due to DLT Pattaya having a max off 20 "farangs" a day, and being high season, could only book an appointment more than 70 days away, what was too late for me, so decided to go to DLT in Rayong. (being more than 70 days out, means also you need a new doctor and immigration papers)

Had missed that they now also have smart queue https://gecc.dlt.go.th/login

So went to DLT in Rayong, had to start at the second building on the right hand, when driving into the complex, (Building 1), here they checked the papers and were told to got to building 2 (building 2 is the last building on the left). In Building 2 you need to go to the second floor, on the left you have a sign with foreigner on it, did a color test, then was asked when I would like to make an appointment, so made an appointment for the next day.

Next day left Pattaya @ 0600 by motorbike, to be in Rayong @ 08:00 as requested, and had to sit through 5 hours of training (building 4 (behind the food)), some subject in Thai with English subtitles, other subject only in Thai. Then off to the 50 questions, failed for the car (44) but succeeded for the motorbike (45),

You need to have a little luck here, with the random selected questions, as some questions are really confusing,

Example:

I case off emergency, what can be used to fill the reserve
A)Distilled water
B)Ground water
C)Tap water
D)Rainwater

Think the correct answer was groundwater, so probably they didn't mean "reserve" but "radiator",  (well, both start with a "r")

Some questions are regarding "manual" driven cars, (you get the same questions for motor or car license), so if you are used to an automatic car, please read up a little.

Would suggest having a look at https://move2thailand.com/driving-license-exam-in-thailand-2020
not all the questions/answers are correct there, but gives you a practice in "Thai English" 😉

So needed to come back a 3rd day, at 13:00 for the car, passed 47, paid the fee and returned to Pattaya.

English level off the people working here is very low, what confusing me and the girl I took (that speaks good English) all the time. So bring an English-speaking girl with you if you have that option. As they mix Thai and English together in one sentence, most probably she will understand.

There is a clinic on the left when you drive into the DLT center, so no need to bring that with you.

Layout off DLT Rayong:
https://www.google.com/maps/search/dlt+rayong/@12.6893588,101.210649,19z

DLT_rayong_2.jpg

Edited by Fr_loper

If size doesn't matter, why aren't there any four inch dildos ?

The most expensive sex in Pattaya, is when NO money is exchanged.