Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ao Nang, Krabi

TaffBill

Hi all,

I'm arriving in Ao Nang in 3 weeks time and has anyone been there recently? I've wanted to do Krabi for a long time but never got around to doing it. I saw a post from August here but nothing since then.

I've done some homework using YouTube and there was a clip of a guy going into the RCA complex of bars recently. So that is now open.

It's Obviously not Pattaya but it would be nice to see what I could find.

Cheers

I was there this week.  With the wife so not on the hunt.., but eyes were open

RCA is open.  And a few other beer bar style places along the same stretch.   Girls are obviously on the hunt.   Lady drinks were 200 we had some fun with one for some bar games all good 

I got the prolonged eye contact thing a few times on the beach front so worth a shot there too

Go for the food the tours and the scenery, punting is a bonus.    Good luck

• Like 2

15 hours ago, keepitfun said:

I was there this week.  With the wife so not on the hunt.., but eyes were open

RCA is open.  And a few other beer bar style places along the same stretch.   Girls are obviously on the hunt.   Lady drinks were 200 we had some fun with one for some bar games all good 

I got the prolonged eye contact thing a few times on the beach front so worth a shot there too

Go for the food the tours and the scenery, punting is a bonus.    Good luck

Cheers keepitfun. Definitely there for the scenery. Been meaning to do it for a long. 

On my own so I'm going to keep my eyes open. 

If nothing happens no problem. I'm in Pattaya 5 day's later. 

Spent a week in Krabi,  stayed at the Ao Nang Avani...nice property in a GREAT location.  walked through RCA with the GF back in July, nothing to see really, a lot of the town is still recovering from Covid, but if you want some really good fresh food, you can't beat the places on the street.  No reason for a fancy restaurant.  The GF really loved it.

Been going to Ao Nang for the past 8 years (property nearby) and visiting again week after next....in September RCA wasn`t open (been shut since covid first struck)but now I see from a post above it has opened again....beers were 80 baht+ and barfines 500/1000 and one girl quoted me 3000 LT I just smiled and wished her good luck and she came back with....I can discount for you....not really a mongering place TBH much better to take someone with you.

Cheers Roadglide and pertermilk.

Only there for 5 days sightseeing but If there is something available why not  😋

Ao Nang is my favorite destination in Thailand , as a base for sightseeing  Krabi, There is very limited action in RCA as mentioned and the prices are higher than in Phuket or Pattaya. But there is enough to satisfy your needs.

It does seem cleaner than most of Thailand and has good sea food.

I recommend taking the long tail boat to Railay Beach for the day. If you are fairly fit the climb up and down to the hidden lagoon is worth experiencing, but don't wear white or anything that you dont want to get muddy. Wear proper walking shoes if you have them.

There are several caves in Railay Beach. Make sure you visit the Mermaid Princess Cave which is full of woooden phallus.

6 hours ago, Rhino99 said:

Ao Nang is my favorite destination in Thailand , as a base for sightseeing  Krabi, There is very limited action in RCA as mentioned and the prices are higher than in Phuket or Pattaya. But there is enough to satisfy your needs.

It does seem cleaner than most of Thailand and has good sea food.

I recommend taking the long tail boat to Railay Beach for the day. If you are fairly fit the climb up and down to the hidden lagoon is worth experiencing, but don't wear white or anything that you dont want to get muddy. Wear proper walking shoes if you have them.

There are several caves in Railay Beach. Make sure you visit the Mermaid Princess Cave which is full of woooden phallus.

Thanks Rhino99.

I'll be doing the islands. Nong island looks amazing