Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Holiday insurance really expensive in uk!!

nunchuck

Just got a quote from coverwise.  8 weeks stay.  Age 60 with type 2 diabetes. £582 !!  

think I need to shop around. Same quote 3 years ago was £72 

who you guys using from uk 

10 minutes ago, nunchuck said:

Just got a quote from coverwise.  8 weeks stay.  Age 60 with type 2 diabetes. £582 !!  

think I need to shop around. Same quote 3 years ago was £72 

who you guys using from uk 

This time I am with Admiral £99.70 which includes motorbike cover up to 125cc (big enough for me) and notified various conditions health wise. Always previously used Insure&Go but this time they wanted £400.

43 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

This time I am with Admiral £99.70 which includes motorbike cover up to 125cc (big enough for me) and notified various conditions health wise. Always previously used Insure&Go but this time they wanted £400.

How long you going for and how old are you. ?   But will check now online 

thanks very much 

5 minutes ago, nunchuck said:

thanks very much 

Just looked. £379.  But getting lower. Thanks anyway.  May have to bite bullet on this price 

Try www.moneysupermarket.com to look for the best travel insurance for you

Obviously pre-existing medical conditions, increasing age & a long stay of 8 weeks (72 days) will push prices up a lot higher

1 hour ago, nunchuck said:

Just looked. £379.  But getting lower. Thanks anyway.  May have to bite bullet on this price 

Sounds about right, I'm 70 with type 2 diabetes and ocular hypertension, I obtained a 12 month multi trip travel insurance for £402 with Lighthouse Travel Insurance, it's linked to several professional bodies including the UK civil service. 

I do 4 trips a year so at £100 per trip for a comprehensive package it is not a bad price. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nunchuck said:

thanks very much 

Although it is annual multi trip its 30 day per trip, I am 70.

I’m 71 with a few but not too serious medical conditions and paid about £650 for an annual worldwide policy from Saga. Chosen after spending some time online with Google and comparison site.  

Having said that as soon as you introduce medical conditions the premiums will be quite  variable depending on the number of conditions and the risks associated with those conditions  

Just spend some time with Google and comparison sites and get a few personalised quotes. 

Annual cover appears to be more economical than single trip cover between two and three trips a year. 

What I have found is that many annual, multi-trip policies limit you to 30/60 days per trip

Has anyone found a policy with longer stays?

Or even annual unlimited stays?

Just type long stay travel insurance into Google. 

Staysure have some options as do LV. 

A very quick look indicates destination/age/medical status affect the offers. 

Nevertheless options do exist, just needs a bit of research. 

23 hours ago, Snowbird99 said:

paid about £650 for an annual worldwide policy from Saga.

I'm 71 too with some not too serious health conditions. I used Saga last year for Annual Worldwide policy excluding USA, and it cost about £360 iirc. I got a quote from them a few weeks ago for next year and it was £386.

I got an email from Saga this week offering a 15% discount if I took out policy before end of November, so I'll probably do that. Cover is for up to 45 days on one trip and I will be going for 42 days. 

I'm 44 but have a shit load of pre-existings. Was paying around £250 with Staysure, pre-covid, but that had bumped up to getting close to £500 when I got a quote last year.

Was thinking of switching to one of the firms affiliated with a decent brand of hospital anyway, in an attempt to minimise the chances of pay-out headaches, of which I've read many stories.

Allianz are listed on the Bumrungrad website and seemed like a good choice available to Brits when I was having a look around last year. Axa are supposedly reliable but they don't seem to offer travel insurance in the UK anymore.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/insurance

9 hours ago, Cropped Shaggy said:

I'm 44 but have a shit load of pre-existings. Was paying around £250 with Staysure, pre-covid, but that had bumped up to getting close to £500 when I got a quote last year.

Was thinking of switching to one of the firms affiliated with a decent brand of hospital anyway, in an attempt to minimise the chances of pay-out headaches, of which I've read many stories.

Allianz are listed on the Bumrungrad website and seemed like a good choice available to Brits when I was having a look around last year. Axa are supposedly reliable but they don't seem to offer travel insurance in the UK anymore.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/insurance

Thanks will take a look at this option