IGNORED

Sawasdee Place Nakhlua

bauhaus

Although I do like the North side because it does get more quiet at night (and plenty of daytime activities/malls around), that place you're proposing is pretty far from the action and relatively remote area...

I mean it's a good 20 minute walk from Dolphin round-about to catch a songthaew.

Not bashing the place at all, but if you're on this board you'd probably want to stay somewhere closer to the action, even with similar price and value.

22 hours ago, jayhodge said:

Although I do like the North side because it does get more quiet at night (and plenty of daytime activities/malls around), that place you're proposing is pretty far from the action and relatively remote area...

I mean it's a good 20 minute walk from Dolphin round-about to catch a songthaew.

Not bashing the place at all, but if you're on this board you'd probably want to stay somewhere closer to the action, even with similar price and value.

uhmm, I am used to rent a motorbike so it's ok everywhere for me 😉

On 25/10/2022 at 02:51, jayhodge said:

Wrong, you can catch the songthaew at nakluea road. Around 2 minutes walk.

My first 3 stays were in Naklua area, the travelling was a bit of a pain and yes, I had a motorbike but on nights out drinking I did not ride. I have no experience of that Sawsadee Place but have stayed at a couple of their other places and my experience is they are very "low end".

If you want a great cheap hotel in North Pattaya try COSI (it's directly opposite Centera Grand Mirage & is part of the Centera Group hotels)

It's further away from the Baht Bus route on Naklua Road but a Bolt Taxi from there to Central Festival should only cost approx 70b.

Very clean, modern hotel, I actually prefer it to the Mirage.  

7 minutes ago, Just Browsing said:

If you want a great cheap hotel in North Pattaya try COSI (it's directly opposite Centera Grand Mirage & is part of the Centera Group hotels)

It's further away from the Baht Bus route on Naklua Road but a Bolt Taxi from there to Central Festival should only cost approx 70b.

Very clean, modern hotel, I actually prefer it to the Mirage.  

I am never want to cause a thread f--k but there is a theme in many posts and many topics about the possible change Bolt fares are making to the attractiveness of outlying accommodation. I remember paying much, much, more for a mototaxi  to and from Naklua even back in 2008. Maybe the day of the mototaxis ripping off tourists may come to an end. Or was it just me?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I am never want to cause a thread f--k but there is a theme in many posts and many topics about the possible change Bolt fares are making to the attractiveness of outlying accommodation. I remember paying much, much, more for a mototaxi  to and from Naklua even back in 2008. Maybe the day of the mototaxis ripping off tourists may come to an end. Or was it just me?

100% agree, I live out at Wongamat Beach with no transport of my own but would never live here if it wasn't for Bolt Taxis, really has been a game changer when thinking about where you want to live, especially if you don't want to have to have your own transport or are sensible enough not use own transport when on a night out.