IGNORED

Hotel Amber (Sep 22) - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Like you do usually, a nice hotel topic !

What disturb me a bit in the hotel is no door at bathroom or glassdoor at toilet

Beautiful pool indeed, sad not on the roof :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, seaman said:

Like you do usually, a nice hotel topic !

What disturb me a bit in the hotel is no door at bathroom or glassdoor at toilet

Beautiful pool indeed, sad not on the roof :)

My bad photography mate. The only ‘open plan’ part of the bathroom is the sink. Both the toilet and shower have seperate cubicles (both with their with their own frosted glass doors for privacy).

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

The only ‘open plan’ part of the bathroom is the sink. Both the toilet and shower have seperate cubicles (both with their with their own frosted glass doors for privacy)

Yes I saw this on their website ... just the frosted glassdoor disturbed me a bit ...

I like a real "wood" door for all the bathroom :) ...

(just in case of a big farts ...):unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, seaman said:

Yes I saw this on their website ... just the frosted glassdoor disturbed me a bit ...

I like a real "wood" door for all the bathroom :) ...

(just in case of a big farts ...):unsure:

Most of the modern hotels adopt the frosted look…presumably it’s about making the unit seem bigger than it actually is.

The one thing I really like with the heat in thailand is being able to come back to a cool room.  Note on the review that this hotel has the card that has to be in to activate all power.  Now you did say cards so guess question is will the desk give you an extra card so you can have aricon on?  Than you just have to worry about the maid coming to do her duty and always seems like they are trained to take card out, but usually you can work out schedule for this.  Guess if the room is small enough/aircon fast enough than this is bit of middle ground.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rioman said:

The one thing I really like with the heat in thailand is being able to come back to a cool room.  Note on the review that this hotel has the card that has to be in to activate all power.  Now you did say cards so guess question is will the desk give you an extra card so you can have aricon on?  Than you just have to worry about the maid coming to do her duty and always seems like they are trained to take card out, but usually you can work out schedule for this.  Guess if the room is small enough/aircon fast enough than this is bit of middle ground.  

The a/c units are brand new and cooled the room quickly…that said if you have booked a double room, no reason why they wouldn’t give two cards (I think they gave me two).

• Like 2

Stayed at Amber 4 times in the past 12 months and booked with them for December, I agree with all your comments, it is a good hotel for quality, costs and location hence my return visits.

My only gripes relate to the cleaning staff, there's not enough of them, cleaning of rooms rarely done before 4.00pm and on one occasion they forgot altogether. Also, pool facing rooms, can get a little noisy outside, a couple of times groups of Indian men creating havoc around the pool until 03.00am. I did manage to do an early check-in at 09.00am but it cost me an additional 500bt (they can be quite strict on the 2.00pm check-in).

• Like 2

Since a mate and I discovered their property Altera we have been staying there when both in town.  

I think there was another review recently of this one.  Thanks to that and your one I'll give it a go next month.  Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 14/10/2022 at 17:32, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

This is not one of those hotels that do tour groups, so no large groups of Indian lads, nor coach loads of Chinese

May be the current situation as there are not that many "tour groups" currently around, However, I stayed in it a few times pre-Covid and at the time there were quite a few tour groups using the hotel.   

• Like 2

I stayed in early Sept and found the wifi terrible - it would often cut out and my phone would revert to 4G.

Also the TV had barely any english channels and would stutter alot.

Thankyou very much for the review checking in on the 7th November for 13 nights  got the hotel for just over£25 per night on Agoda

• Thanks 1

Great review and great hotel!

I stayed here in 2019, regarding the facilities I would like to add that this hotel also have a nice sauna, but on the other hand the gym is very small, maybe more people would fit in the sauna than in the gym.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 14/10/2022 at 12:32, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Any chance that you remember the room number and can sent it in a private message? I like the room and the view to the city, so will see if I can book a similar room.

Thanks for a really great review!!

• Thanks 1

I choose to pay for a fantasy rather than lose to an illusion.

*** My October 2019 photo Trip report ***

36 minutes ago, Mrkenzo said:

Any chance that you remember the room number and can sent it in a private message? I like the room and the view to the city, so will see if I can book a similar room.

Thanks for a really great review!!

Thanks for the positive feedback mate…appreciated. 

I can’t remember room number, just ask for high floor and rear/city view.