Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LastPass

Edge

I've been using this for some years to deal with Passwords and it works well.

A while back they started punting its use on other devices, which I did, though I use it mainly on my PC.

Next came a warning that I had maxed on other devices and if I wanted more I should 'Go Premium'.
I didn't.

Today they removed the option to use it on my PC unless I 'Go Premium'.
I can still log in on my phone but that's not really convenient.

Only $3/month, but I resent the bullying/blackmail tactics.
There are a lot of PWs in there I wouldn't want to lose.

Are there any alternatives out there ?

I use Dashlane. I wasn't impressed with lastpass when I tried it.

Dashlane has an import tool. You can bring your lastpass passwords over.

If you use my link, we both get 6 months free.  https://www.dashlane.com/cs/qjMHJn34MCSX

Edited by SlowlyMan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I deleted my Lastpass account when this happened, changed to 1 Password.

Screenshot_2022_10_12_09_54_51@2x.jpg

Edited by Farangkie

58 minutes ago, Touchagrey said:

Bitwarden free. Supports multiple devices at the same time.

https://bitwarden.com/

Another +1 to bitwarden from me.

i switched over from lastpass when they started restricting their offer 2-3 years ago and i'm very happy with the switch to bitwarden. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

and a another vote for Bitwarden from me, I dumped LastPass when they had that breach that @Farangkieposted. Bitwarden has been very good, I have it installed on the phones and in the browser, very easy to use, no issues.

PA-SIG.PNG.ee32881a8f3d2f2bdf9b7061c2a3e4ff.PNG

LastPass is the worst.  I quit when they started restricting devices and never looked back.  Bitwarden all the way.  Only $10/year for premium and I encourage everybody to pay for it because it is cheap and they deserve to be supported.  The TOTP feature you get with premium is pretty decent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Touchagrey said:

Bitwarden free. Supports multiple devices at the same time.

https://bitwarden.com/

I tried all the free ones and they are mostly crap. LastPass being equally bad. I haven't tried Bitwarden before. How does it compare to RoboForm? It can fill passwords for apps which is something a lot of others can't do. There is some annoying things with it so I am always on the lookout for something better but haven't found any yet. Can Bitwarden fill passwords for apps?

8 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I tried all the free ones and they are mostly crap. LastPass being equally bad. I haven't tried Bitwarden before. How does it compare to RoboForm? It can fill passwords for apps which is something a lot of others can't do. There is some annoying things with it so I am always on the lookout for something better but haven't found any yet. Can Bitwarden fill passwords for apps?

Bitwarden fills in passwords on most of my iPad and iPhone apps, but a few apps force me to copy/paste from the Bitwarden app. My guess is that it also works ok for Android apps, but I don't use that. Since Bitwarden has extensions for most browsers, it should work fine on Chromebooks. The free version does sync all devices. The $10/yr paid version adds 2FA and YubiKey.

BW is free and will import from LastPass, 1Password, Chrome, Firefox and Password Safe. https://bitwarden.com/help/import-data/

Worth a try. If it doesn't satisfy, just delete and move on.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Touchagrey said:

My guess is that it also works ok for Android apps, but I don't use that. Since Bitwarden has extensions for most browsers, it should work fine on Chromebooks.

yes, works great in android and also works for (most) apps. if it doesn't work for an app, you can save the "connection" between password and app.and decide if it should just be a local connection or if you want to share it publicly so that other users will see it linked automatically as well; aka "use the password from Agoda.com for the Agoda app".

chromebook no problem. i just use bitwarden as a chrome (and firefox) extension anyway, so that's certainly easy on a chromebook. they have standalone desktop apps, but i honestly prefer the in-browser solution myself. 

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Bitwarden for me. I appreciate all the simultaneous two factor options to access my info.  This was severely lacking with LastPass. 

• Like 2

A while back I was getting tired of being a 'purist' and using KeePass (which I'd been using for more than a decade.) As I age, I just want stuff to work instead of needing to finesse it to work. This was around the time LastPass was making their new extortion model clear. So when I phased out my FOSS program I picked Bitwarden as my going forward solution. I've been quite happy with it. I'm sure I'll find something at some point that I want it to do but it doesn't, but so far I haven't found whatever that missing piece is. 

On 12/10/2022 at 09:42, SlowlyMan said:

I use Dashlane. I wasn't impressed with lastpass when I tried it.

Dashlane has an import tool. You can bring your lastpass passwords over.

If you use my link, we both get 6 months free.  https://www.dashlane.com/cs/qjMHJn34MCSX

I use Dashlane as well.

It allows me to sync my i-phone, MacBook Pro, HP Laptop (for business), all in Thailand and Dell Laptop In the USA. 

I have never heard of Bitwarden, as Dashlane was recommended for Apple products at the time, but there is a seamless transition with my non-Apple products.

I have been using ENPASS paid version for many years on all my computers and phones.

I suggest it when asked about password managers.