Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best SIM card deal for 45 days for internet & Wi-Fi use??

stickyfingers

Hi guys will be arriving at end of November n wondering which SIM card is best for my stay of 45 days. Will use an old iPhone 8 for thai usage.

Will need decent internet speeds for the usual Fbook, Messenger n Line usage plus other apps like Bolt as available there in Pattaya…Jomtien??

Used to use AIS as was always told best coverage.

TIA.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

probably best to walk into a dtac (or ais or true) shop, for example in in central festival (they have all 3) and ask for a 3 month deal. they should all offer you 3 months unlimited internet with ~10mbps (or 20mbps) speed limit for 600thb in total. 

the alternative is to go the prepay route and then sign up twice for monthly package. might be slightly cheaper in the end, but slightly more complicated / more hassle. 

or just buy a tourist sim card at the airport for 30 days and then buy another one for 14/15 days once the first one is "over". will be somewhat more expensive (probably in the 1000-1200 thb range) though. depending on the specific offers that are available at that specific instance. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

7 Eleven, free sim card True, 200 baht / 1 month / unlimited data. i am sure for BKK, got to check if its the same in Pattaya. I will ask to my friend, he is now in Pattaya

2 minutes ago, mastepriwe said:

7 Eleven, free sim card True, 200 baht / 1 month / unlimited data. i am sure for BKK, got to check if its the same in Pattaya. I will ask to my friend, he is now in Pattaya

Got message right now, yes its the same in Pattaya 7 Eleven

• Like 1

Some 7 Eleven may be out of stock of True free sim card pack, go to the next 7 Eleven, otherwise they will make you pay 150 baht for the SIM card, that's another pack

Update: It's a promotion that they do about every two months, on September 15th this promotion was in effect. Not sure about today

13 hours ago, mastepriwe said:

12 hours ago, mastepriwe said:

Update: It's a promotion that they do about every two months, on September 15th this promotion was in effect. Not sure about today

Good deal I am going in Nov I will get this, hopefully they still got this deal, how much is it without the promo?

can recommend dtac as well, if you already have a sim card and use the app you can book some nice packages through "my choice"

20 GB for 90 days for 582 THB is a nice deal (at least for me) ... it include free use of LINE, Facebook, spotify, TikTok, instagram as well as youtube

In addition to that I got 10 GB twice for 24 hours on top as a "gift" from dtac for being a long time member during my trip in july/august

Also nice to know that dtac works extremely well in the rural parts of isaan 😉

Screenshot_2022-10-08-15-10-05-36_565736b1aca24021ed0ed2e2febc9f47.jpg

Edited by Zauberfee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

58 minutes ago, Zauberfee said:

can recommend dtac as well, if you already have a sim card and use the app you can book some nice packages through "my choice"

20 GB for 90 days for 582 THB is a nice deal (at least for me) ... it include free use of LINE, Facebook, spotify, TikTok, instagram as well as youtube

In addition to that I got 10 GB twice for 24 hours on top as a "gift" from dtac for being a long time member during my trip in july/august

Also nice to know that dtac works extremely well in the rural parts of isaan 😉

Screenshot_2022-10-08-15-10-05-36_565736b1aca24021ed0ed2e2febc9f47.jpg

Looks a good deal n wonder if can get a Dtac Sim easily at the airport or Central mall in Pattaya too??

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

2 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

Good deal I am going in Nov I will get this, hopefully they still got this deal, how much is it without the promo?

I don't know. They've been doing this promotion for around 10/12 months because it's a old 4G package, since True has moved to 5G since then.

@THguypattaya

It seems that the normal price is 300 baht and sometimes there is a promotion at 250 or 200, it's cheap because it's 4G, not 5G

My sim card size is nano sim (note 10+) but all of those you buy probably come in all diff sizes in one right? and they will all come with the pin thing to open the sim card tray in the phone? no need to bring mine over.

2 hours ago, mastepriwe said:

@THguypattaya

It seems that the normal price is 300 baht and sometimes there is a promotion at 250 or 200, it's cheap because it's 4G, not 5G

So the unlimited data they still got it for 200 to 300 for 4G? Or did they move on to 5G and that deal is no longer available? After the month is done you just top it up at the 7-11 again right.

22 minutes ago, THguypattaya said:

My sim card size is nano sim (note 10+) but all of those you buy probably come in all diff sizes in one right? and they will all come with the pin thing to open the sim card tray in the phone? no need to bring mine over.

So the unlimited data they still got it for 200 to 300 for 4G? Or did they move on to 5G and that deal is no longer available? After the month is done you just top it up at the 7-11 again right.

My friend in Pattaya knows better, he uses this sim card True (not me), but according to him:

- Yes
- Usually yes

- Yes
- No
- Yes

Edited by mastepriwe