IGNORED

Lek Hotel-- first time for a newbie in Thailand

pathway

Hi All

Ok, i've booked a room in November at the Lek hotel on soi 13 in the new addition I believe. This will be my FIRST time going to Thailand...excited to say the least. But want to know if anyone has stayed at the Lek hotel, is it a nice clean spot, is it guest friendly, good AC, internet access, since I want to bring my laptop. Is it close to the nitelife attractions? Thanks in advance.

Hi :) stayed there in march in the new wing, which is a couple of years old :blink: needs a new lick of paint here and there.

Great location, great buffet breakfast and Dinner, no problems with guests my teerak was only ask for Id once the day I checked in but never after that, just the other Ladies had to give ID, dont know about two or more guests, didn't get the chance. Internet is in a room down next to check-in desks, 60bht and hour you'd better off finding bar or resturant that has free wi-fi, plenty about just ask another question.

I'd stay there again, your on 2nd road so easy to get to Soi 6, 7,8 and 1, 2 where alot of the action is, to get to walking st just stay on a baht bus that loops back round to beach rd. also acroos the road and to the left about 200 yards is Soi dianna inn where there is some more good bars and the lolites and the Hell club on LK Metro, also pop into the Rockhouse and say hi to boardmember Muphy.

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

Pathway

I've stayed directly across the street from the Lek on all of my tours at the Tim Bar. The Lek is a very nice place, I don't know how much your paying but i'm sure it's quite reasonable. They have a nice pool on the main floor along with a descent western breakfast buffet. Tim Bar has a massive pool hall and a go go inside to compliment the open air bar in the front, there are also numerous bars on the surrounding soi's!

Enjoy

Duk

Pathway

I've stayed directly across the street from the Lek on all of my tours at the Tim Bar. The Lek is a very nice place, I don't know how much your paying but i'm sure it's quite reasonable. They have a nice pool on the main floor along with a descent western breakfast buffet. Tim Bar has a massive pool hall and a go go inside to compliment the open air bar in the front, there are also numerous bars on the surrounding soi's!

Enjoy

Duk

Thanks alot for the info...appreciated

UTFSE

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index...=670&hl=lek

I've stayed there but it is all dependant on your taste and yours like you would choose women. The hotel caters to mongers and I thought the so called new wing was a joke for a new wing. If you do decide to stay there stay against the pool side of the new wing. Those rooms have a balcony.

definitely guest friendly & i never had any problems taking more than 2 girls back :D

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

I stayed at the LEK and to go with the good points already mentioned there are some drawbacks, as I see them, that you may want to consider. I stayed in the old wing but I asked to be shown the new wing whilst I was there. The new wing was significantly more expensive ( a few hundred baht) without being significantly better - I think it had slightly bigger floor space but that was about it.

1) For some reason the AC that they have is very noisy even on the lowest setting. Once when I took a bar girl back for the night, in the morning she said that she had not really slept and was going back to her room to sleep even though she lay in bed after we had finished for 8 hours. I have often been kept awake myself. This was not a problem at the other hotels I have stayed at e.g. Diamond Beach, near Walking Street.

2) The buffet that they serve in the restuarant is a slight health risk because the food is left in the open for people to help themselves or for flies to land on.

3) The hotel is halfway between Walking Street and Soi 8 (the two main bar areas) and you will have a bit of walk to both. If you will be doing most of your drinking in Walking Street where most of major gogos and nightclubs are then you are looking at a 25 minute or more brisk walk. You will have to find a taxi to take you back after a night out if you are with a girl as they will never want to walk that distance.

4) I found that the security always asked for the girls ID's - this may or may not be a bad thing. Once I met two really young girls in Walking Street who came back with me on motor bike and were only asking for 500 baht each - however they could not get in because one did not have ID

5) Although in still fairly good condition there are many other newer hotels and the hotel is starting to show its age in terms of its decor and furnishings.

I am going in November. And considered the Lek and Sandy Spring in similar location (guest friendly) and similar prices. After researching various views I chose Sandy Spring - standard room with balcony at 1290 Baht per night.

Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder.

Think I stayed there once, not 100%, it was one of those nights where you've forgotten where you're actually staying and need to get a room quick! hehe

I stayed at the Lek in Oct/Nov last year. B1200 room in the new wing.

Room was OK, nothing special. Had a balcony overlooking the pool. No internet access in room, but you can buy a cable and internet access pack and connect via the phone line in the room yourself. Dail up in Thailand is pretty slow though!

A couple of nights in, the aircon woke me up cause it was dripping water on the floor...well it was a bit more than a drip! Over the next couple of days had the maintenance men in 3 times. They did stuff each time, but didn't solve it. hotel was full so couldn't change room. I had booked 10 nights, but checked out after 5. Probably just unlucky!

I tried the breakfast buffet once, but wasn't impressed. Pretty tasteless and cold.

The staff seemed very unfriendly, or rather uninterested. Walk through reception at night and they were all just lounging about. No one took any notice of me and me girl.

All in all disapointing. I used to stay at the Lek most trips during the early 90's, when it was just the old building. Back then it was a bargain...a small hotel with OK rooms and good friendly service, and all for 5 quid a night! This was my first stay there since then, and I doubt I'll be going back.

Soi 13 location, I think, is great. My pick would be the Sandy Spring, where I will hopefully be staying in a weeks time. Larger rooms and balconies, with better quality furniture and bed. The staff are very good and friendly. Aircon was a bit noisy though, but not as annoying as dripping water!

:Chokdee3:

Spud

Some nice new hotels in Naklua for around 1000 baht per night. The Lek Villa offers brekkie at that and has the biggest fucking swimming pool around. Many bars in Naklua and not far from central Pats. Yes a bit quieter, but I prefer that.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

• 3 months later...

never had any problems there mate been in worse places than the lek