IGNORED

Sandy Spring alternative?

bluemorpho

Sandy Spring on soi 13 has been my go to hotel for about a decade now; I like it for it’s location, the large rooms and the nice balconies with seaview; however, since the nice restaurant (for great breakfast) just west of it got demolished and moreso, since Hooters, a bit further west,  on beach rd. is just too loud (i know Pttya is loud, and I’m fine with that, but Hooters is another level of loud, esp. when chilling on your seaview balcony ;)) I am looking for alternatives; stayed in several of their sister-hotels, Sea me spring, too, etc. but the balconies were lacking. 

So, fairly large rooms with seaview balcony, anyone? same pricebracket about 1500-2000 bht

• Like 3

I am also a fan of the Sandy Springs hotel. Have not been there for a while though. I was told it possible to get a room away from the noise, but have not had a chance to try that yet.

I quite like Serenotel on soi 10. Great balconies. However, last I stayed there was during covid. So, not sure what to expect noise wise.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I stayed at Sandy Spring about 12 times (9 month in total time) from 2012 to 2019.

Before I became an expat, I made the switch to Areca Lodge hotel.

I always paid of the King Deluxe Pool view.

While i missed the Sea View at Sandy the pool view was at least something.

Plus, despite being next to LK Metro, I never heard anything that would keep me awake if I just happen to have an early night.

Also the restaurant you mentioned that was just west was the Haven.

I started going to the Sportsman (just east of Sandy) and still frequent this location.

Not really a hotel but a condo, the View Talay 6 Seaview rooms are good alternative to SS. A spacious studio with a big balcony. It has been a while since I stayed there so not sure of the prices or what kind of rental deal you can get, daily, weekly or monthly.

Was also a regular at Sandy Spring's Seaview room in a time a long time ago B.H. (before hooters)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 03/10/2022 at 03:19, ctp2018 said:

I am also a fan of the Sandy Springs hotel. Have not been there for a while though. I was told it possible to get a room away from the noise, but have not had a chance to try that yet.

yes, these would be the rooms on the soi13-street-side (I suppose most of the hotel building will shield off the wall of Hooters-sound, although I never stayed in one of these rooms); equally fine rooms, with a small balcony, but no seaview.

On 03/10/2022 at 04:27, Thomaz73 said:

I quite like Serenotel on soi 10. Great balconies. However, last I stayed there was during covid. So, not sure what to expect noise wise.

I viewed a few rooms in this hotel too, when staying at another hotel in soi 10; alas, at the time, the seaview rooms were fully booked; this hotel is the first in a row of manyalong soi 10, so facing Beach road with its’ short side; but I’m minding Hooters sound-level specifically, don’t know about traffic-noise levels on Beach road (or the normal background of music and such from bars etc., which is otherwise fine by me, that’s just part of the typical Pattaya atmosphere ;))

Edited by bluemorpho

I sent an email to the Sandy Springs hotel couple of days ago, with a couple of questions. Haven’t heard back yet though. Anyone know if this is the correct address? ([email protected])

Edited by ctp2018

7 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

I sent an email to the Sandy Springs hotel couple of days ago, with a couple of questions. Haven’t heard back yet though. Anyone know if this is the correct address? ([email protected])

That is the correct email.

About a year ago, I had sent them an email on behalf of 3 others who wanted to book rooms.  

I had never heard back either.

So I stopped by and talked to the manager.

She made some stupid excuse for not reading it, related to staffing, time and covid.

I told my friends we should not stay there anymore as the place is not up to par with other hotels.

I know the Areca hotel has been very popular with mongers and others, but reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor, has given me pause.

(https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d447125-Reviews-Areca_Lodge-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html)

I know there are always a few outliers, where people just, for whatever reason don’t have a good experience.

Edited by ctp2018

There are going to be negative reviews at every hotel.

I just read some of them and they were during covid.

Then another guy complained he had to walk too far from his room to the street. LOL

There are other options for sure so do your own research.

I sent a second email to Sandy Springs hotel today and received the following reply:

Dear Sir,

The nightclub opens every day. Closes at 4 AM.

That was it, no look forward to seeing you soon, or anything like that. They didn’t even put a name at the end of the email.  Doesn’t seem like the old Sandy Springs at all.

Edited by ctp2018

8 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

I sent a second email to Sandy Springs hotel today and received the following reply:

Dear Sir,

The nightclub opens every day. Closes at 4 AM.

That was it, no look forward to seeing you soon, or anything like that. They didn’t even put a name at the end of the email.  Doesn’t seem like the old Sandy Springs at all.

Yes, they are empty now or at least I never see anyone coming or going when I go by almost daily.

The big security guy that used to work the parking lot passed from Covid, but it looks like they hired his son, as I see him in the lot from time to time.

I never see any of the door men you used to see each time you approached.