IGNORED

Wise Money Transfer - how does it work?

madmike

I’ve just set up my wise account and can convert gbp to thb whenever I want.

I also have a wise Visa debit card plus Apple Pay set up.

I am coming over in early March and will convert money when I think rate is  favourable. 

I don’t believe that I need a Thai bank account but so long as my wise account is in credit in thb I can use the debit card at atms and to pay for meals etc.

now worried that people are talking about transferring their money into Thai bank accounts, have I got my facts right? I am only coming for 3 weeks this time.

I also believe that medium size transfers up to say £5000 are almost instantaneous.

advice appreciated.

9 hours ago, Chrisrs said:

I’ve just set up my wise account and can convert gbp to thb whenever I want.

I also have a wise Visa debit card plus Apple Pay set up.

I am coming over in early March and will convert money when I think rate is  favourable. 

I don’t believe that I need a Thai bank account but so long as my wise account is in credit in thb I can use the debit card at atms and to pay for meals etc.

now worried that people are talking about transferring their money into Thai bank accounts, have I got my facts right? I am only coming for 3 weeks this time.

I also believe that medium size transfers up to say £5000 are almost instantaneous.

advice appreciated.

But doesn't the Wise card have a monthly limit on how much you can draw?

Be scene and not herd.

Just used Wise and the transfer took 8 seconds to get to my Bangkok Bank account .. 😮

• Like 2

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

• 2 months later...
On 13/02/2023 at 15:24, Stillearly said:

Just used Wise and the transfer took 8 seconds to get to my Bangkok Bank account .. 😮

It indeed depends on the amount you're transferring. Small amounts are transferred immediately, large amounts will take one or two working days.  

“When you judge another, you do not define them; you define yourself.”