IGNORED

4-6 week stay

tptp76

I am contemplating a 4-6 week trip in Nov this year and hoping a find accommodation to suite my tastes for that period. This is what I am looking for: 

- An apartment on a high floor with unrestricted views (i.e no building right in front). Either sea view or city view is fine 

- Ideally 40sqm plus 

- Location: central or Pratumnak. Could consider Jomtien, but I have never stayed there before so slightly hesitant 

- Being on the baht bus route or very close to action is not important and I am comfortable using motorbike taxis or bolt 

- Budget: 25-30,000 per month 

- Not looking at hotels as I am not sure there are any that meet the above criteria. Also, I would like to have the option of being able to cook once in a while, but that us not an essential 

I usually stay at the Base condo. The one bedroom apartments are too small and I would not want to be in one for a month. The 2 BRs are more expensive. I have looked on airbnb. Some options come up, but I have not found anything compelling to pull the trigger. 

Are there any other resources (other than airbnb) to look at? Are there any specific condos someone knows where i could look? Or are there hotels that would meet these criteria? 

Grateful for the help!

I agree with penboy. VT6 seems like a good option for you with your budget, but you would be able to get something nicer in Pratumnak, I reckon. You can book at the VT6 using these sites:

https://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com/

https://www.dancewatchers.com/

Lots of guys, including me, will book a central hotel room for a few days and then go on the hunt for long term lodgings while there. You can see units for yourself and often negotiate a better rate. Good luck.

• Like 3

Thanks for the VT6 suggestion and links for VT6. I have stayed there before and found it to be a bit jaded. Something newer would be my preference. 

@Sylvester how do you go about shortlisting the places to view? Do you use an agent? I am not sure if it will be worthwhile to use an agent for a 4-6 week stay. 

3 hours ago, tptp76 said:

Thanks for the VT6 suggestion and links for VT6. I have stayed there before and found it to be a bit jaded. Something newer would be my preference. 

@Sylvester how do you go about shortlisting the places to view? Do you use an agent? I am not sure if it will be worthwhile to use an agent for a 4-6 week stay. 

AirBnB is ideal for such a length of stay. Lots of options there and you can filter according your requirements.

Worked out for me anytime.

13 hours ago, Sylvester said:

Lots of guys, including me, will book a central hotel room for a few days and then go on the hunt for long term lodgings while there. You can see units for yourself and often negotiate a better rate. Good luck.

....and be sure there are no snags you cannot detect on the web. Best to check out with your own eyes.

Unixx tower - on airbnb at $22/day has mostly unobstructed view from higher floors

5 hours ago, tptp76 said:

I usually stay in guesthouses or mid-range hotels so I have never had a need to use agents. If I were looking for a condo, I might use an agent, but they get a commission and that will increase your rate.

Airbnb would be a good option for you too, as others suggested above. Book a night or two in a unit that interests you then you can communicate with the host about a better rate for a longer stay, or see what else they might have available.  

Edited by Sylvester