IGNORED

247 boutique hotel

Hey hey

This was one of my favourite hotels pre Covid. I see it has recently re opened again, has anyone stayed there recently as in 2022 and care so share their experiences? Just wondering if much has changed after being closed for a while. Cheers 

8 hours ago, Hey hey said:

This was one of my favourite hotels pre Covid. I see it has recently re opened again, has anyone stayed there recently as in 2022 and care so share their experiences? Just wondering if much has changed after being closed for a while. Cheers 

I can't imagine staying there now.

When I stayed there in the past 2017/2018/2019 it kept getting louder n louder because of Tree Town

Now in those days Tree Town was a collection of mish mash and little more than a short cut into the back of MIT or to get to Backhao from Second Road

Now there are a hundred or so bars in the area and that noise is gonna be travelling straight into that hotel all night 

Not for me now 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I stayed in their biggest room on the 6th floor, and the TV was like 20 inches and I had to jam my fingers to change the channel.  The toilet constantly flushed.  Other than that, no complaints lol.  But I did notice Agoda asking twice as much as I paid in 2020. 

2 hours ago, Hotlanta said:

I stayed in their biggest room on the 6th floor, and the TV was like 20 inches and I had to jam my fingers to change the channel.  The toilet constantly flushed.  Other than that, no complaints lol.  But I did notice Agoda asking twice as much as I paid in 2020. 

Yer I booked a room for 12 nights, last week, at $31 Australian a night with Agoda. Just looked now on Agoda again and their cheapest room has gone up to $65 a night. Loved it their pre Covid and it’s location but will be interesting to see what it’s like when I get their next week and if they have done any maintenance. 

Must have re opened recently. When i tried to book about 3 months ago it was always unavailable. Pre covid I had one of their suite rooms which was good.

Let us know how you go. I may even pop in there to have a peek. I've been spending a lot of time in that area lately.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread up in case anyone has stayed here recently. There seem to be some good deals on Agoda at the moment. Also, can anyone confirm if any of the rooms have largish balconies if I want to smoke?

1 hour ago, Father Load said:

Bumping this thread up in case anyone has stayed here recently. There seem to be some good deals on Agoda at the moment. Also, can anyone confirm if any of the rooms have largish balconies if I want to smoke?

I don't recall having a balcony in this place 

I vaguely recall hanging stuff out the window to dry for some reason 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Father Load said:

nice to see that the short term prices have come down. october looks very reasonable when i just checke now (750 thb / night incl breakfast). it was always one of my favourite hotels and i'm eager to return again in the future.

unfortunately the mid-term prices (for example january) are still way too high, not sure what's the matter here... if they're fully open again, i'm sure they will adapt the prices with time. 

anyway: i don't think any of the rooms (at least of the normal rooms) have large balconies. they are big enough to have a smoke or to hang up a towel, but that's it. i don't think they normally have chairs or a table on there. 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

i remember the shower was great in this place. big shower room, had many a fun in there and even in much more expensive hotels I miss the experience of that big shower room with girls washing you down - too many of these hotels have this fkn bath shower shit. 

16 hours ago, elvis2002 said:

i remember the shower was great in this place. big shower room, had many a fun in there and even in much more expensive hotels I miss the experience of that big shower room with girls washing you down - too many of these hotels have this fkn bath shower shit. 

The main thing was the insides of the bathroom  could be seen from the bed.

Ok when you got your naked TG showering and you can get an eyeful if what is on the menu.

Less great when your BG goes in and takes a dump 😅😅

38 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

Ok when you got your naked TG showering and you can get an eyeful if what is on the menu.

Some blokes tip big style to see that kind of action 😇

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

haha yes I remember. I had one TG over from I-bar who spent ages trying to pull the blinds down so she could have a dump without me looking through the window wanking away 😄

• Haha 3

On 30/09/2022 at 13:28, petehoax said:

nice to see that the short term prices have come down. october looks very reasonable when i just checke now (750 thb / night incl breakfast). it was always one of my favourite hotels and i'm eager to return again in the future.

unfortunately the mid-term prices (for example january) are still way too high, not sure what's the matter here... if they're fully open again, i'm sure they will adapt the prices with time. 

anyway: i don't think any of the rooms (at least of the normal rooms) have large balconies. they are big enough to have a smoke or to hang up a towel, but that's it. i don't think they normally have chairs or a table on there. 

Most places the prices have accelerated for "high season" which could be longer this year, my personal view is that it is going to be a super season, then given what else is happening financially in the world, for many there could be a crash that may be worse than C19.

• 1 month later...

I spoke to reception at 247, they are open and listed on Agoda just not on booking.com
I ended up booking bay breeze on the same street instead as I thought they were closed lol. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

bump

did anyone stay there since they've reopened? 

i have a cheap reservation there for january (fully refundable). i was planning to check out the current state of the hotel while i was there in december, but of  course i was too lazy to do so and didn't manage... 

i love the location, it's just about perfect for me. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I stayed there pre covid nice hotel, nice location, but bloody noisy till 3am have noticed its reopened but prices look a bit on the high side to me

6 hours ago, ronthebrummie said:

I stayed there pre covid nice hotel, nice location, but bloody noisy till 3am have noticed its reopened but prices look a bit on the high side to me

If you book with the "right" booking platform (destinia / rehlat) it's often very cheap, under 1000 a night. The downside is that those don't have the best "image" and you might encounter some troubles (although probably unlikely)

I'm staying there just now, I'm on tree town side and the noise is shocking until 2 with music from multiply bars

• Thanks 2

Friends stayed recently. Way too noisy outside and inside. 

Def would not recommend.

On 02/01/2023 at 04:29, snowy34 said:

I'm staying there just now, I'm on Tree Town side and the noise is shocking until 2 with music from multiply bars

It would not be a surprise to most people this. There are a couple hundred bars now overlooking the back of this hotel that weren't there 4-5 years ago 

I can't believe people are booking there for this reason 

• 3 weeks later...

For party folks staying out late each night this would be less of a problem. I stayed in Acqua last trip and while a bit noisy it was manageable so assume some rooms in this place should be ok as well.

• 2 weeks later...

any other alternatives to 247 boutique? i read that is too noisy. i almost booked and then i read all the reviews.. so i need something quite the same around that location and price but without the noise. and ideas?
also it needs to be girl friendly without paying any fee for bringing guests.

im looking for a 2 weeks stay in march but im stuck on the hotel part so any help will but much appreciated.

every hotel in that area will have some noise. you either have tree town noise or you have soi honey / buakkhaow / LK Metro noise. 
bay breeze towards the Walking Street side is (much) quieter), but there's no guarantee you will be on this side (unless you book one of the two suites).

something like lk renaissance should be better noise wise. 

or just book slightly outside of the main center (for example something like d-hotel or amber). you will have to walk 2-3 min longer to most places, but it's much less noise. everything on the other side of 2nd road will also work (Page 10 and all the other soi 10 options for example). 

The key to the 247 (I am there now) is to get on the 5-7th floors facing Soi Honey. There was a screw up with my AirBnB so I had to book last minute for the first part of my trip. Night #1 was a disaster! I was on the 4th floor directly looking over Tree Town. Even with earplugs, I could hear and feel the noise til 3am. The bass from all of those bands and soundsystems booming literally made my bad vibrate.

In the morning, I requested a room change to the front and it's been fine. Just wish I had a balcony. The location is hard to beat. You might want to try Honey Inn or The Scenery. They are across from my hotel. I looked at some rooms that had balconies. The key with those are that you want to face Soi Honey. If you are in the back, LK Metro will be almost as loud as Tree Town. 

Good luck

• Like 1