IGNORED

My Day Out at Greenwood Country Club

Tuna Town

Played here in June.

Green Fee 1250 baht Caddy and Cart Included

Learned after the fact if you go on their website to book you save 100baht

@TimboJones at some bar over one of the multitude of drinks we had whilst we were in town had suggested playing another game of golf at some point

I hadn't booked in hard for the 2nd week so had a few dates free and decided on the Tuesday and picking a venue I picked Greenwood 

I had played here approximately 6 years ago and had played the A and B loops so was keen to play it again as my memory of the place was fuzzy 

Picked Timbo up early in the morning and no @Robbie Jonesas he was back in Oz already

Robbie did make a call to Timbo as we were arriving at the golf course and he was already back at work and looking at flights to come back on his next trip where as me and Timbo told him we were more concerned with organising who we were going to be fucking after golf and where we were drinking at tonight 555

Tee off early and around in about 3.5 hours on what was a warm day and today we played the B and C Loops 

My chipping I was happy with. Got up and down plenty of times around here 

My putting was also quite solid today with no 3 putts for the day coupled with some good chipping seen me go round with 29 putts for the round 

Highlights of the round was chipping in for a Birdie on the Par 5 13th. I had just not quite got the 6 iron sweet enough on my approach shot and it carried the water in front of the green but was short of the green. My caddy had dropped me off at the front of the green with my 9 iron to chip and had driven the cart around the back. I had walked up and picked my spot 30% of the way to the hole looked at the slope aimed a little left and struck the shot and then watched it roll on in 

Shame no one seen it. Timbo and caddy were off at his ball and my caddy came running onto the green with the putter and a confused look on her face when she couldn't see the ball. I directed her to go get the flag and she found it then 555

Lowlight was the constant fucking up on Par 3s. Today I had 4 double bogeys on Par 3s and they were all honking bad tee shots where I didn't hit the ball properly 

My caddy though did give me a great lesson today though.

When we got to the last Par 3 she offered a gambling game for me she wanted to bet me 20 baht on whether I would get a Par or not. She obviously had been watching me fuck up enough she thought she could make some easy money 

I was instantly intrigued as I like to gamble when I can. Only problem was I only had 100 baht notes so I made her a deal of 100 baht for her if I had a bogey 4 or more and she had to give me 20 baht if I had a Par or less

I put the 100 baht on the steering wheel clip where you keep your scorecard and proceeded to the tee determined to take the poor lasses 20 baht 

Proceeded to blade the fuck out of the ball in the direction of the green. Unfortunately I caught a bunker when a yard the other way I would have ran up to the green or within chipping range. Left with the dreaded 50 yard bunker shot I got it out but it came out hot and ran off the back of the green onto the fringe. I then had a red hot crack at chipping in and rolled it about 4 inches wide of the hole so the caddy claimed the 100 baht

Next hole was a Par 5 and the caddy was saying this was her favourite hole on the course. I called her out on her bullshit and reminded her the Par 3 we had just played is her favourite hole as she won 100 baht on it 

Finished the round with an 87 off the stick off 12 so not too shabby but I should have been a few shots better today as I had 4 doubles on Par3s and even had a double on the last after 1 shitty chunk of a pitch shot 

The other highlight was leaving the course when Google maps sent us down some track to leave the golf course to return to the nearby main road where I got no idea who the cunt is writing that algorithm but they need their head read as no one in their right mind would travel down the track we went down before we had to do a 3 point turn to scrape the underside of the car with the Jungle just to get the fuck out of there 

Nice Course bit far from town and will be back again to play in the future 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Great photos and brought back good memories.

Only played here a few times and not for 4 or 5 years. It used to be on the TRGG rota regularly. Doesn't seem to be on there as much now, at least not when I am visiting. A Shame because I really liked the layout. 

I really need to play here in November.

I really enjoy your reviews. Keep them coming.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Need to pull my finger out and complete these as my next trip is due soon so better get these competed 555

Played here in November 2022

Green Fee 1550 baht

Caddy/Cart Included. 

Had booked a tee time during the week from Thailand via LINE and got me booked in for an 9:36am tee off.

Arrived after the 1 hour drive from Pattaya without any issues 

Tee off and around in about 2.25 hours as today as the course was pretty empty 

Played here last trip on the B and C loops so was keen to get out and play the A loop this time and I was lucky enough to do as I got the A and B loops this day but we played B first before the A loop

Was slightly dissappointed that I didn't get the caddy I had booked from my last trip today but ohhh well

As for my golf game I play off 13 so was content with 87 off the stick around there was Ok but today was one of those days where I felt I should have been a few shots better than I scored as my putting wasn't on and I didn't hit enough greens from approaches as I would have wanted 

Had to give the caddy the 100 baht on the Second Par 3 of the day Found the green but 3 putted the fucker after parring the first one 

Highlight of the round would be the way I played the Par 5 8th on the B loop Good solid well played Par 5. Smashed a drive straight up the middle leaving me in that zone where I ain't gonna get there for two but I am too far out it feels bad laying up. Took the sensible approach and laid it up to 90m and then slapped it on pin high 8ft left. Rolled the putt in for the birdie 

Lowlight would really be the 2nd on A loop. Had a bit of a wait here as had a group of Thai golfers on the green which brought us to a grinding holt from the rhythm I was in and when I did get to hit I proceeded to hit the ball well with the 3Wood but tugged it hard left. It wasn't pretty on the tee as it was heading towards some Jungle like conditions. Played a provisional which was hit well but ran through the back of the green. Unfortunately wasnt able to find the first ball so a chip and two putts seen a triple bogey 6 go on to the card. At 7 over after 10 holes I was poised for a good score but going to 10 over after 11 holes really put paid to those dreams 

My putting was not great with 34 putts today but was one of those days where I just didn't have the putter going 

My chipping was a bit better than it had been

My driving today was handy again finding the fairway around here a lot. Once again didn't really take advantage as I then missed a lot of approach shots 

My thoughts on this course are growing in the positive. It ain't expensive and there isn't as much water as you find on most Thai courses but this track is in great condition and one of those joints that value for your baht is right up there in the pound for pound category. Shame it's so far away from Pattaya but it's probably also a benefit as this will help keep traffic lower 

It's approx 60 mins from Pattaya. 

After golf took advantage of the practice area which you can see in some of the photos 

Grass area to hit off as well and not the usual mat setup 

Balls available for about 50 baht a tray of 40 nearby 

I must admit I did enjoy this trip using the practice range after golf. I was already hot n sweaty so another hour out in the sun then n there was better than going out to one of the driving range in Pattaya in the late arvo and then having to shower when I got back and had dodged the traffic issues 

It will be something I will look to take advantage of in future trips by spending the time on the driving range at the golf course straight after the round 

• 4 months later...

Played here in August Yesterday actually a Sunday

Green Fee 1350 baht Caddy and Cart Included

After yesterday's shenanigans I was happy to get the full 18 in at a reasonable pace of play despite there being a good crowd at the course 

Tee off early as only myself playing and around in about 3 hours and have 18 holes done

So being the goals were low I was semi disinterested to walk off with 97 off the stick

Despite a shitty score I had a great time mainly due to my caddy no14 Goy. Absolute top shelf girl and me and her really hot it off good 

Played the C loop then followed it up with the A loop. There was some changes mid round as I was playing the B loop but got moved to the A to keep the golf pace flowing 

As for my game the the real highlight was the caddy. I really had a good time with her it really distracted me from the honking bag golf I played at times 

As for the rest of the skills.

Driver I striking them well and got a lot away today onto the fairway. I would say a good solid 8.5 today 

Fairway Woods were hit a lot not as accurate as I would like 

My irons were terrible today. Really didn't strike them well at all. Far too much turf taken behind the ball. For whatever reason I was just not staying "still" enough on the backswing and was moving off the ball 

My chipping wasn't great and really cost me big time toddy 

My putting was ok but nothing to write home about. This putter grip issue is not going away and needs rectifying 

Highlights of the Round was the Par on the par 4 4th on the C Loop 

Great tee shot shit iron in found a bunker short about 30 yards away. Played the shot like a pro landed it 8 feet and spun it right towards the hole leaving a 6 footer which I rolled in. 

Made myself look good shame no one was watching bar the caddie 

Lowlight was really nothing. I was happy to be out there and getting a game in that didn't take 6 hours nor did I see a 6 ball. If anything the scoring ain't great but my mindset is positive and I focus on realising Par is a social construct 

The score really doesn't matter. Enjoy yourself is where it is at 

Lost Ball tally was 0 and not even really close to except for one wayward drive that hit a tree and could have gone bad but I got a favourable ricochet 

Course is a little gem and one of my favourites 

About a 1 hour drive from Central Pattaya

Edited by Tuna Town

Caddy no 14 Goy an absolute champion loves a beer or two as well 

IMG20230806142454.jpg

IMG20230806132405.jpg

IMG20230806132400.jpg