IGNORED

Ao Nang/Krabi

boydio

Krabi used to be a firm favourite of mine, but the last time I went, around 5 years ago, it had become very very commercial and was super busy, which took the shine off. 

Anyway, I’d love to go back but wondering if anyone has been recently and can report on the P4P scene?

Took time out in Krabi several times over several years, sometimes staying in or near Ao Nang, sometimes in town, which was a bit of a backpacker destination. Interesting province to explore if you have your own transport. Ao Nang got busy Dec to Feb, but was relatively quiet the rest of the year. Became something of a family / honeymoon destination, with only a small  P4P scene; probably little changed now. 

Edited by Micky2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Krabi town right now after having spent a week in Ao Nang. There was nothing that I saw in Ao nang in terms of P4P.
There are 4-5 options here in Krabi town though. girls sit around in these 'love bars' and wait to be picked up and there are 2 massage places with extras.

9 hours ago, Dnuggets said:

I'm in Krabi town right now after having spent a week in Ao Nang. There was nothing that I saw in Ao nang in terms of P4P.
There are 4-5 options here in Krabi town though. girls sit around in these 'love bars' and wait to be picked up and there are 2 massage places with extras.

Wow… nothing in Ao Nang? Has it really changed that much? Were you familiar with the P4P scene there before? Just wondering if it’s disappeared or you simply didn’t ‘notice’ it? Most used to be centred up near Cliff Beach resort and McDonalds/Starbucks (though perhaps now multiple Starbucks) 

my post may have been misleading, I was referring solely to Ao Nang, though in Krabi province 

Edited by boydio

3 hours ago, boydio said:

Wow… nothing in Ao Nang? Has it really changed that much? Were you familiar with the P4P scene there before? Just wondering if it’s disappeared or you simply didn’t ‘notice’ it? Most used to be centred up near Cliff Beach resort and McDonalds/Starbucks (though perhaps now multiple Starbucks) 

my post may have been misleading, I was referring solely to Ao Nang, though in Krabi province 

I have to disagree, up the road from beach there is a mini walking st and a few other bars around..... Nice place to go but maybe better to take one with you :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 minutes ago, Atlas said:

I have to disagree, up the road from beach there is a mini walking st and a few other bars around..... Nice place to go but maybe better to take one with you :)

Since covid the RCA complex of bars has been shut down but last month a couple of bars had opened but lacking any ladies...going back early september for a weekend break and I,ll take another look,but by and large very little P4P there apart from a few massage shops.

Like Koh Samui, Ao Nang is bring a friend destination. Absolutely beautiful and stunning hotels.

Nothing is Pattaya.

4 hours ago, petermik said:

Since covid the RCA complex of bars has been shut down but last month a couple of bars had opened but lacking any ladies...going back early september for a weekend break and I,ll take another look,but by and large very little P4P there apart from a few massage shops.

Ah yes, that’s it, RCA complex - devastating if that’s closed down 😞 

Ao Nang was always a firm favourite of mine, but it used to be super quiet, then over the last 7/8 years pre COVID it started getting busier and busier with families, honeymoons and western couples etc. 

Sounds like it’s solely a ‘bring a friend’ destination now so I won’t waste a trip