IGNORED

Which android box?

1tooth

I don’t know anything about android box for tv. I have a firestick in another country which I love. I want a budget box with reasonable performance. I think the top of the range is unnecessary for my needs. I’ll mainly be streaming from my phone, watching yotube, and popcorn app  (or similar) for television and movies. I’m a value man, I don’t mind paying a little more, if I can see value in the extra money I am paying.

So far I have narrowed it down to Xiaomi at about $50 or MXQ at about $15. Any opinion of if it can do the job, or can you recommend another model at a similar price?

https://shopee.ph/-Free-Batteries-Original-Xiaomi-MI-Tv-BOX-S-4K-Ultra-HD-Android-TV-8.1-Set-Top-Box-Global-Version-i.288872465.6549157045?xptdk=8252327a-3f76-4aa8-9f40-9dd2a60757ba

https://shopee.ph/The-New-5G-version-MXQ-pro-4K-Android-ultra-HD-TV-Box-Online-Exclusive-Edition-i.554003658.14209857123?xptdk=c9683b34-51b6-4231-937b-9699fc615906

I would consider the chrome cast with google tv (ccwgtv). Has inbuilt chromecast or can run all the usual android entertainment apps. Supports 4k dolby vision hdr too

I just bought a Mecool KM2, after seeing lots of positive reviews, I also looked at the Mi TV Box S. But the Mecool was cheaper and had better specs.

I also own the box that all the reviewers regard as the best you can buy, the Nvidia Shield TV Pro. That sells for around 10,000 baht. The Mecool performs just as good as that , and has the same high standard of build quality.

Personally I wouldn't buy the MXQ box, it has known issues such as very slow interface, Wi Fi problems and a really crap remote control.

This review gave the Mecool 9 out of 10.

https://androidtvbox.eu/mecool-km2-review-first-mecools-netflix-4k-certified-tv-box/

Also if your interested in an IPTV to load on to the box I've just changed my service to Wizz TV, I've used a lot of them in the past, this is by far the best out there.

https://www.wizztv.co.uk/

IMG_1386.jpg

Edited by Farangkie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

I bought the HK1 box for 2,500 Baht at the small electronics store at Tukcom 3rd floor. It works pretty good for the new movies/TV shows plus there's loads of UK/USA/GE TV channels. While I was at the shop I almost bought a power strip. She asked 460 Baht and I had just been to Big C the same power strip was 230 Baht. So from now on I'm going to Big C or Power Buy lol. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great advice guys. I opted for the H1 box based on recommendation and price, although i loved the specs on the mecool.

it's time to buy again. I'm looking for something super cheap. Recommendations?

I also use the TX6s and H1 box both pretty good boxes if can hard wire to router even better, I have Wizztv service installed on them and it's running sweet 

I used to have Android box , now I have firestick . Firestick is much better . Tiny , easy to use . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1