IGNORED

Any kite surfers or wind surfers?

TNTucker

Looking for information on good Thailand spots to learn kite surfing from guys with experience.
I’ve heard you can kite surf at Jomtien which would be ideal being so close to Patts, but is it really a good spot or should I be looking elsewhere? 

Appreciate any insights to help me plan a kite surfing trip.

2 minutes ago, TNTucker said:

Looking for information on good Thailand spots to learn kite surfing from guys with experience.
I’ve heard you can kite surf at Jomtien which would be ideal being so close to Patts, but is it really a good spot or should I be looking elsewhere? 

Appreciate any insights to help me plan a kite surfing trip.

I have zero experience, but there is a place called Blue Lagoon Pattaya in Jomtien.

Here is a LINK.

There is another place closer to Sattahip but I forget the name of it.

I have also seen a lot of Kite Surfers in North Pattaya but I do not know if there is a school nearby.

I windsurf and have done some kite surfing. When I was there pre covid I did visit a centre in Na jomtien. They do rentals and lessons.

Winds are generally light in the area so good for learning. 

I'm currently recovering from a shoulder reconstruction ( mountain bike accident) so I won't be back on the water for about 6 months, but looking forward to it.

I also plan to go to Vietnam for Kite Surfing, there is a big centre in Mui Ne and gets quite windy there.

I know that Starboard ( major wind sports manufacturer) have a test centre in North pattaya, but not sure if they do rentals there. I plant to check it out when I'm there soon.

Edited by Sloracer