IGNORED

Thai Lady wants to register a domain - who do you recommend?

localguy

This might be a challenge to answer: a Pattaya based (Thai lady) friend wants to register a domain. Any recommendations on who to use? Ability to use usual Thai payment channels required, and Thai language website is a plus.

Any ex-pats out there have experiences along those lines?

TIA

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

https://www.thnic.co.th/ is the official registry and it seems (and would cover all your requirements it seems; in thai + thai payment channels). 

i have zero experience with that site though...

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

33 minutes ago, petehoax said:

https://www.thnic.co.th/ is the official registry and it seems (and would cover all your requirements it seems; in thai + thai payment channels). 

i have zero experience with that site though...

My bad - she wants to register a .com domain

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

I don’t know any local Thai webhosting companies, but I think it’s a safe bet to go with a big international company. Godaddy.com they even have the website in Thai. Can pay with creditcard etc.

I have used GoDaddy.com and Wix.com.

Both were good for me.

Unsure what Thai's normally use.

Edit:

A quick google search showed a site called Asia Registry. Here is a LINK

If you google it there are more options.

Edited by LASportsNut
  • Like 2

Personally I'd just tell em to go to squarespace etc.  You don't want to be on the hook for tech support or problems down the line, and I assume its for a website so it goes hand-in-hand and makes it easy for her to use and get help.

Be aware that the renewal price/year is usually more than the first year registration price and this varies a lot among the different registrars. I have used cheap-domainregistration.com for all my domains and have been mostly happy. I also like namecheap and google domains. I have used GoDaddy also but their renewal fees were higher so I transferred my domains elsewhere. If you want privacy then whois proxy registration is free with some providers but extra with others.

Note if the domain is going to use SEO to generate traffic (i.e. get visitors who search Google for topics the same as your site) then the exact keyword(s) in the domain name are critical.