Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Day Out at Laem Chabang

Tuna Town

Well made it back to Thailand in June to get some more golf in.

Arriving this time the form was a lot worse than it was in March. Where I live we been inundated with an excessive amount of rain for 3 months so golf has been a nightmare for the 3 months I had been home. Courses were just a boggy mess and constantly losing balls in the rough as the courses are that wet the green keepers can't cut the grass.

So needless to say I arrived expecting to get better as the trip unfolded and this is how things panned out 

First day out played at Laem Chabang. I had played the course about 6 years ago. Knew it was a god track but had no real recollection of it other than losing a ball off the first tee that day 

Arrived early and was playing with a Golf Society as for some reason this place along with Phoenix doesn't do favourable prices for non Thai tourists. So got the game for 1900 baht Golf Caddy Cart and then paid 300 for Competition fees with the Society

Well let's just say my golf today was pretty shit. After nailing putts left right n centre on the practice green I got on the green on the first hole thinking easy two putt for the bogey 5 and then proceeded to absolutely belt the fuck out of the first putt of the trip and smacked it 15 feet long. The second it came off the putter face i was hoping it would hold the green 

This proved to be a fatal error as I then spent probably the next 2 to 3 days trying to re locate my confidence in my putting as I was second guessing everything  and leaving them short one hole then over clubbing them the next.

Followed up on the second with another 3 putt

Ohh well

The Front 9 on the Lake Course was rather go hum. Got a couple of pars on the Par3s but just wasn't quite hitting my straps and felt I left a few shots out there and turned for a 45 after hitting a great drive on the 9th and smashing my second into a fairway bunker I didn't see the 7 I had to put down coming 

As for the back 9 playing the Valley Course which is admittedly a lot harder I shot a 51 

I lost the plot on the back 9 after a bit of a dispute with my caddie giving me some information that turned out to be incorrect. I will put my hand up and admit fault for letting it get to me

Didnt take it out on the caddy but throw in the heat on a hot day I let the build up of heat inside my head fester and just didn't stay focused on the golf much for a 5 hole stretch which really saw my score blow out as I was still fixated on the caddies information issue 

Highlight of the day was my tee shot on the Par 3 14th where I knocked it to about 3 metres. Unfortunately the putt turned about 5 feet and I just missed the birdie 

Lovely course and that back 9 is definitely harder than the front 9

Will definitely be back to have a lash at it in the future 

1657886226183.jpg

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Nice report mate. Great course but gets a lot of traffic & sometimes condition of the course can let them down.

Nickalus designed the the A & B 9' which I think would be Mountain & Valley. The " Lakes 9 was designed by his irrigation & earth moving guys as he had only been contracted to do the original 18. the guys used to draw the holes out after work while consuming a few beers. Can see the difference in the 9 as where as Nicklaus always offers a bail out area that 9 not so much.

Happy golfing

On 18/07/2022 at 21:33, Harve said:

Nice report mate. Great course but gets a lot of traffic & sometimes condition of the course can let them down.

Nickalus designed the the A & B 9' which I think would be Mountain & Valley. The " Lakes 9 was designed by his irrigation & earth moving guys as he had only been contracted to do the original 18. the guys used to draw the holes out after work while consuming a few beers. Can see the difference in the 9 as where as Nicklaus always offers a bail out area that 9 not so much.

Happy golfing

If these guys designed the Lakes course after a few beers they done a better job than Nicklaus did.

That back 9 on the Valley was a bit of a cunt of a 9 hole stretch.

At least on the Lakes course I didn't play well enough but feel I could score better than I did next time. That Valley 9 even if I score better than 51 for it I am going to have to play well to do so as there are some tough shots to play on it 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png