Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

need info on china garden/steak co guesthouse in soi lengkee

i_love_3somes

hello, all its almost 3 yrs since my last visit to pattaya, was planning a trip this august. can any one tell me if chinagarden/steak&co guesthouse is still functioning? i was a regular at this place every trip because of its no hassles. and  manager yuri a good host.

but last heard ownership has changed . any one has its recent updates , 

help would be apricated 

thank you

I stayed one month before Covid. It was a pleasant stay tbh. I will definitely choose to stay one more time @i_love_3somes. If you find some info, please let me know as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

yes sir . thats  the one. is the owner on PA? 

He was at one time, I don’t know if he logs on anymore. I emailed them a few months ago to see if they were open and got one of those return to sender emails. 

• Like 1

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

21 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

hello, all its almost 3 yrs since my last visit to pattaya, was planning a trip this august. can any one tell me if chinagarden/steak&co guesthouse is still functioning? i was a regular at this place every trip because of its no hassles. and  manager yuri a good host.

but last heard ownership has changed . any one has its recent updates , 

help would be apricated 

thank you

having read this earlier i included the site on my morning walk. as far as i can tell the rooms above are empty/closed. there are no signs for the guesthouse and i'm sure the way to where the room entrance was is shuttered off. the premises below were to be turned into a restaurant called Woodstock. but that was over 12 months ago and little progress has been made.

1 hour ago, striderman said:

having read this earlier i included the site on my morning walk. as far as i can tell the rooms above are empty/closed. there are no signs for the guesthouse and i'm sure the way to where the room entrance was is shuttered off. the premises below were to be turned into a restaurant called Woodstock. but that was over 12 months ago and little progress has been made.

Guess if you are walking around that area I would be curious if the one pretty much beside steak and co is open.  Think it was called Shanghai last time I was there and there were rooms above it that were not too bad.  Thx.

thankful to the BM who shared the the fb link . i send a message  to the new owner named "joe", he says rooms available  starting for 550B. 

so lets see will finalize my  dates.

i have stayed there several times since may years always visiting 3 times   a year. it was run by IAN  and YURI was an awesome manager. rooms were hassle free and multiple guests were never a problem

• Like 3

14 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

thankful to the BM who shared the the fb link . i send a message  to the new owner named "joe", he says rooms available  starting for 550B. 

so lets see will finalize my  dates.

i have stayed there several times since may years always visiting 3 times   a year. it was run by IAN  and YURI was an awesome manager. rooms were hassle free and multiple guests were never a problem

steak and co in those facebook photos is the end unit. steak and co current location is to the left with smoking joes bbq. the end unit is empty as far as i can see. yes they may well have rooms (above the new site )to let but i don't think what BM's know as the china garden guest house rooms are available right now

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2

On 13/07/2022 at 05:49, striderman said:

steak and co in those facebook photos is the end unit. steak and co current location is to the left with smoking joes bbq. the end unit is empty as far as i can see. yes they may well have rooms (above the new site )to let but i don't think what BM's know as the china garden guest house rooms are available right now

i have stayed both sides and i really preffered the rooms on the left next to then china garden guesthouse , they were new and good.

i had been staying there since it was owned by allan (former jockys).

@striderman sir on the days u walk again thru soi lengkee , hoping you can put up some pics and some info on other guesthouses in thai soi.

i have stayed in clean house (at the end) but there 3 some policy changed and began charging, so had to skip that place .

there was one next to CG which had a coffee shop or bar i think , there rooms also were fine.

oh brings back old memories  !

3 minutes ago, i_love_3somes said:

@striderman sir on the days u walk again thru soi lengkee , hoping you can put up some pics and some info on other guesthouses in thai soi.

i have stayed in clean house (at the end) but there 3 some policy changed and began charging, so had to skip that place .

there was one next to CG which had a coffee shop or bar i think , there rooms also were fine.

oh brings back old memories  !

on the to do list for friday.

• Like 1

@striderman sir thanks a ton, i have no words to express my appreciation for your efforts. :Bow::Bow2::Bow2::Bow2:.

sad the good lengkee i knew  has changed  so much. i still see in the last pics malee  rooms sign. 

the 7th pic  the last building with a blue shed on top is clean house , and yes looks closed .

i think the chat i had with the new owner  of Steak n Co , he has taken only the rooms above the restaurant . CG  looks shut for sure.

wonder if there is some construction going on , that's why his rates are 55oB other wise it was mostly 700B.

1 hour ago, i_love_3somes said:

i think the chat i had with the new owner  of Steak n Co , he has taken only the rooms above the restaurant . CG  looks shut for sure.

wonder if there is some construction going on , that's why his rates are 55oB other wise it was mostly 700B.

rates all over pattaya are lower. more rooms than tourists

• Like 2

Well done Striderman a real gent. I loved your jet ski and demolition (of the eyesore tower at the end of walking st) threads over the years gone by. 👍

21 hours ago, striderman said:

any recommendations of guesthouses  at a peaceful soi ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, striderman said:

Yes at present and "on the ground" but since I booked for November I have been following BC ,Agoda and Expedia noticing that rates for that month have risen quite a bit and some places are no longer available.

Great work that you do by the way you really are a friend to BM's.

5 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

that task is for others. yes i'm the ground but i have my own condo unit so i don't know what the guest houses are like other than i know their location as i walk around daily to get some exercise and taking photos.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

I have found a few on booking sites particularly in alleys just of Buakhao but discounted them because guesthouses usually have a huge disparity between cancellation and non cancellation prices on those sites. 

• Like 1

On 17/07/2022 at 08:44, geezerrb said:

I have found a few on booking sites particularly in alleys just of Buakhao but discounted them because guesthouses usually have a huge disparity between cancellation and non cancellation prices on those sites. 

was going thru booking sites and i see that  good hotels that were costing 12000- 1500 B are now offering at 1000B.

even seen a condo in view talay drop prices.

i prefer guesthouses reason is 2+ guests in most are allowed without paying joiner fees 😃

• 1 month later...

Ahh - I too was wondering if Steak & Co had survived. I always tried to get the jacuzzi suite. Its hard to find a reasonably priced working jacuzzi on a quieter street. Unfortunately the last few reviews on tripadvisor showed Steak & Co had plumbing issues. Now it is gone and I am looking for something similar hopefully nearby.

• 7 months later...
On 13/09/2022 at 18:46, bace said:

Ahh - I too was wondering if Steak & Co had survived. I always tried to get the jacuzzi suite. Its hard to find a reasonably priced working jacuzzi on a quieter street. Unfortunately the last few reviews on tripadvisor showed Steak & Co had plumbing issues. Now it is gone and I am looking for something similar hopefully nearby.

Any updates as to guesthouse and/or reasonable priced clean rooms on Soi Lengkee...

Looking for private, that is not thru the bar or restaurant, entrance  as well 

Cheers Skippy

the rooms of steak and co are in very bad shape . none of the things work well there ,rusted taps,  dirty cleaning . etc etc  the previous management ian and yuri has the best team  now its just the opposite

i changed my rooms in 2 days , went to sandara boutique for the rest of my trip. never again