IGNORED

Hi-Speed fiber coverage Pattaya/Jomtien

Revanchist

Have had dental surgery that was more enjoyable than trying to get a list of which buildings have hi-speed fibre available.

Toying with an idea to move down there, and private hi-speed fibre is number one on my list of priorities for a  condo or apartment (outpacing even a balcony to smoke on).

But it seems all the providers (TrueOnline, AIS, 3BB) have made their coverage maps vanish.

(And the idiots at customer service can't seem to process that "no, i don't know where I will live because I will pick a building based on availability of hi-speed fibre!" Confuses me as to why it would confuse them that someone would prioritize the very thing that they sell... ah,no... TIT!)

So brethren and cistern... any ideas how to go about finding a building with this particular amenity (rather than endless blather with equally uncomprehending "building hab wifi, sir" real estate agents)?

I thought, maybe... look for rental listings with broad-band quality TV million-channel HDTV... would those by definition also carry regular old internet service?

Edited by Revanchist
rage-typing
  • Like 1

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

The Base has AIS fiber, my guess that other condos built 2015 and latter will offer high speed fiber. Not saying older units don't hab, but thinking newer units wouldn't settle for less.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2022 at 12:11, Revanchist said:

Have had dental surgery that was more enjoyable than trying to get a list of which buildings have hi-speed fibre available.

Toying with an idea to move down there, and private hi-speed fibre is number one on my list of priorities for a  condo or apartment (outpacing even a balcony to smoke on).

But it seems all the providers (TrueOnline, AIS, 3BB) have made their coverage maps vanish.

(And the idiots at customer service can't seem to process that "no, i don't know where I will live because I will pick a building based on availability of hi-speed fibre!" Confuses me as to why it would confuse them that someone would prioritize the very thing that they sell... ah,no... TIT!)

So brethren and cistern... any ideas how to go about finding a building with this particular amenity (rather than endless blather with equally uncomprehending "building hab wifi, sir" real estate agents)?

I thought, maybe... look for rental listings with broad-band quality TV million-channel HDTV... would those by definition also carry regular old internet service?

I'm also having similar issues. I think I'll just go stay wherever on Sept and Oct and ask condos where I am interested in what kind of Internet they have and do a speedtest. Because I want to stay there for 6 months in a year.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

On another subject but are the wifi signals strong enough for a fire stick?

I have an Amazon Firestick in AC. 50MBPS Fibre and it works fine. I use an iptv app Raptor 22

My condos in VT5 C and D have TOT fiber optic, 300 Mbit/s at 310 Bt/month.

Screenshot_2022-06-04-15-39-59-45_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg

Edited by CampariO

• 6 months later...

I know this topic is old but my recommendation for anyone who has the same concern as the OP.  Find a provider you like then ask the real estate agent and/or the person at the juristic office if that provider offers service in the building.  I asked about this at both condos I have rented and there was no lack of understanding or confusion on the part of the real estate agent or the juristic office.

A lot of the newer modern high rises will have a fiber trunk from 2 providers - and then it is usually DSL upto the room, but it is your own fiber - they just didnt run fiber through all the service ducts as copper was easier for them to terminate in the rooms.

At least thats what it was like in Supalai on Theprasit

Formerly w3bmast3r (2003 - 2006), and TechSupport (2006 - 2017)