Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

OYO 1040 Access Inn

sigma01

• 2 weeks later...

I booked this place for my Nov trip.  Prices are pretty cheap ATM when you book it thru Agoda.  Will give a review after I've stayed there. Things that convinced me to book there:
- clean, modern looking bathrooms

-soft looking beds

I based this off their FB page and YT review videos from people who stayed there.

I had already booked it for October due to the great price, hopefully some lads with boots on the ground will see this thread.

• 1 month later...
On 11/07/2022 at 03:20, niteray said:

I booked this place for my Nov trip.  Prices are pretty cheap ATM when you book it thru Agoda.  Will give a review after I've stayed there. Things that convinced me to book there:
- clean, modern looking bathrooms

-soft looking beds

I based this off their FB page and YT review videos from people who stayed there.

Did you just get an email from the hotel cancelling your booking. They said that they split form OYO? Im still trying to figure things out.

On 15/07/2022 at 21:06, sigma01 said:

I had already booked it for October due to the great price, hopefully some lads with boots on the ground will see this thread.

You can view it on Google maps if you are wondering about the area and where it is exactly 

I stayed there couple of times pre covid, nice basic hotel, clean rooms, lift, room serviced every day.

There was a girl on reception, cracking girl great English, I know she`s left, working somewhere else now. I can ask her if anyone is interested in whats the best way to book as they used to deal direct and not online.

3 hours ago, ronthebrummie said:

I stayed there couple of times pre covid, nice basic hotel, clean rooms, lift, room serviced every day.

There was a girl on reception, cracking girl great English, I know she`s left, working somewhere else now. I can ask her if anyone is interested in whats the best way to book as they used to deal direct and not online.

I walk by daily and I see little activity,the bar area at the front is closed in the evenings,so I,m guessing it`s either shut or struggling for customers... personally I would look at other nearby accommodation....

From what they have said Access Inn have split from OYO, but OYO has still been selling rooms. I need to try and arrange a refund now and I will probably rebook at Vogue just round the corner.

On 15/09/2022 at 03:57, sigma01 said:

Did you just get an email from the hotel cancelling your booking. They said that they split form OYO? Im still trying to figure things out.

I haven't received anything.  I just checked my email and Agoda messages and nothing.  I certainly hope my booking still exists.  

Did you go thru Agoda and what does your message say?

1 hour ago, niteray said:

I haven't received anything.  I just checked my email and Agoda messages and nothing.  I certainly hope my booking still exists.  

Did you go thru Agoda and what does your message say?

I booked with them directly as it was cheaper than Agoda. The manager of access in reached out to me directly about my booking and so far I have not heard from OYO. I plan to cancel my booking to be safe and book another hotel.

Update

So OYO are being an absolute nightmare, UK customer service say they can't cancel the room and trying to cancel it on their website sends you in an infinite loop. I have been given the number for the thai office but they are closed so I will need to call early in the morning due to time difference.

All I can say is I will never book with OYO again, but thankfully I have booked Vogue through Agoda. Now I just need to get my money back from OYO.

12 hours ago, sigma01 said:

Update

So OYO are being an absolute nightmare, UK customer service say they can't cancel the room and trying to cancel it on their website sends you in an infinite loop. I have been given the number for the thai office but they are closed so I will need to call early in the morning due to time difference.

All I can say is I will never book with OYO again, but thankfully I have booked Vogue through Agoda. Now I just need to get my money back from OYO.

So I messaged them thru Agoda, asking them if my booking was OK and I got this:

"

Hello! Greetings from OYO! Thank you for writing in. I am glad to hear that you and your family chose the OYO hotel for your stay! We have received your request and we will get back to you as soon as possible. However, if you need an immediate solution, you may reach out to us on (+6620261271). Please feel free to contact us. We look forward to serving you. Kind regards, Team OYO

9/17/2022
12:53 AM "

Update 2

Wow this was a nightmare, so I called the Thai office this morning and they initially wanted me to go to their website to cancel which i told them i tried and it does not work. Then they told me that they could not cancel my booking by which time I was starting to get irritated.

Eventually the person spoke to a manager and arranged for it to be cancelled. I then got a text stating i would get refunded in 7 working days but the refund amount was wrong so i had to call them back for them to correct. The first time they either hung up or got disconnected but shortly after i received a new text with the correct amount so i assume they either fucked up or were trying to pull a fast one.

I have booked a new hotel through Agoda now but i certainly won't book anything with OYO again. Highly recommend everyone else avoid like the plague.

4 hours ago, sigma01 said:

Update 2

I have booked a new hotel through Agoda now but i certainly won't book anything with OYO again. Highly recommend everyone else avoid like the plague.

Email I got thru the Agoda website this morning:

"

Hi, Greetings from OYO! Thank you for contacting us and confirming your booking. Please be informed, your booking is confirmed with us from XX/XX/2022 to XX/XX/2022. To prepare for your most convenient check-in experience, we would like to know your arrival time. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel. Best Regards, Team OYO

9/17/2022
07:24 AM  "

• 2 months later...

So here is the scoop:

I have one of the Premier rooms. 

Negatives: room is kind of basic.  My balcony faces the wall of the next building.

Postive: The bed is better than most places.  Washroom, with sliding glass wall, has a great lighting feature that causes some ambiance at night.  Owner and his wife are approacable and helpful.  Good elevator for the hotel size. 

They are no longer associated with OYO but honor bookings with Agoda