IGNORED

Hotels with great monthly rates near Buakow on 2nd rd

chang beer

Hi. I know Rcon used to be great on soi Buakow but do you have better options? Rcon isn't showing their monthly rates in website so.... Looking for a hotel with a great monthly rate hopefully utility inclusive around Tree Town,Buakow or 2nd Rd. Thank u. Happy mongering

Hi ,I just posted an article about an hotel I am staying at at the moment..SUMALEE hotel in Soi Honey..

The monthly rate here is 14.000 baht and thats all inclusive.Its close to second road and a short walk to Central and the Beach and Tree Town also just around the corner.

A few years ago I stayed at R Con and to me the Sumalee hotel is a lot nicer hotel.

Its more like a Boutique hotel ,Nightly I am paying 600 baht a night .Big King size bed and guest friendly

20220625_202206.jpg

20220625_202244.jpg

20220625_202316.jpg

If I could just piggy back on this thread & ask if anyone knows of any good guesthouses in the same area.

Mentioned recently in another thread, Sutus Court.   I prefer Sutus 3 overlooking the pool.   It is back from the road, has a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, eating area and parking.   Rooms are cleaned every day, huge rooms with fridge and easy entry.   Girl friendly, never signed a girl in but they know me well.   It is an old style hotel, so if you are expecting carpets on the floor and modern furniture, forget it.

Edited by Mstn2014
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mstn2014 said:

Mentioned recently in another thread, Sutus Court.   I prefer Sutus 3 overlooking the pool.   It is back from the road, has a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, eating area and parking.   Rooms are cleaned every day, huge rooms with fridge and easy entry.   Girl friendly, never signed a girl in but they know me well.   It is an old style hotel, so if you are expecting carpets on the floor and modern furniture, forget it.

Reviews are kind of mixed.  Some complaints of noise, rude staff, old rooms, slow internet.  I read that the recently renovated rooms are not bad (Sutus 1?).  The price is certainly good for that location even if I have to pay a bit more for a renovated room.

Edited by Kale

4 hours ago, j_omm said:

Hi ,I just posted an article about an hotel I am staying at at the moment..SUMALEE hotel in Soi Honey..

The monthly rate here is 14.000 baht and thats all inclusive.Its close to second road and a short walk to Central and the Beach and Tree Town also just around the corner.

A few years ago I stayed at R Con and to me the Sumalee hotel is a lot nicer hotel.

Its more like a Boutique hotel ,Nightly I am paying 600 baht a night .Big King size bed and guest friendly

20220625_202206.jpg

20220625_202244.jpg

20220625_202316.jpg

How is the wifi there and can you actually sit on your balcony?

4000 for 7 nights is an amazing deal and 2 LTs cheaper than my current hotel of choice.

Seriously considering to switch.

4 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

If I could just piggy back on this thread & ask if anyone knows of any good guesthouses in the same area.

I found Secrets bar interesting on Booking.com around 12k for 4 weeks, it is addressed as Soi baukhao but is a little side street (dead end) on the left just before Action street ( on the right) It appears some rooms have balconies.

The Balcony at Sumalee hotel is a bit small but its a balcony lol..Have big wooden windows opening onto the balcony.

Everything about these rooms are really nice quality and I use the hotel wi fi its ok.

20220629_125801.jpg

20220629_125809.jpg

Never stayed here but this thread reminded me of a YouTube clip I watched a while ago. Rooms for 6k / month. 
The girls in the clip is a fun bit of marketing, even though it’s obviously completely false. 

On 23/06/2022 at 02:31, chang beer said:

Hi. I know Rcon used to be great on soi Buakow but do you have better options? Rcon isn't showing their monthly rates in website so.... Looking for a hotel with a great monthly rate hopefully utility inclusive around Tree Town,Buakow or 2nd Rd. Thank u. Happy mongering

I visited legendary FL Sasa at r-con (Siam?) Just past the small market on Buakhao, cost around 8000 (depending on room) per month, not including elec & water if I remember correctly.

Looking at reviews, they screw you over for both elec (bills apparently very high) & your deposit (1 month) which several people mentioned not getting back.

It's a shame as her room & the overall building were decent & location wise it's excellent.

18 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

I visited legendary FL Sasa at r-con (Siam?) Just past the small market on Buakhao, cost around 8000 (depending on room) per month, not including elec & water if I remember correctly.

Looking at reviews, they screw you over for both elec (bills apparently very high) & your deposit (1 month) which several people mentioned not getting back.

It's a shame as her room & the overall building were decent & location wise it's excellent.

Is it open again? It was closed a few months ago.

2 hours ago, angsta said:

Is it open again? It was closed a few months ago.

I had no idea it was closed, my info is from 2 years ago.

46 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

I had no idea it was closed, my info is from 2 years ago.

Yes it was closed. Unsure if it open again. I don't think it is.