IGNORED

Reality TV star Jade Goody dies

7-Eleven

Reality TV star Jade Goody dies

Reality TV star Jade Goody has died at the age of 27, her spokesman Max Clifford has confirmed.

She died at home with her family in Upshire, Essex, overnight on Saturday after a high-profile battle with cervical cancer.

Goody was diagnosed with the disease in 2008 but it spread to her liver, groin and bowel and she was told it was terminal in February.

Her mother Jackiey Budden said: "My beautiful daughter is at peace."

Goody shot to fame after being a contestant in the third series of Big Brother in 2002 and was taking part in a version of the show in India when she was told of her illness.

She had been treated at the Royal Marsden Hospital in west London but wanted "to spend all the time she had got left" with new husband Jack Tweed and sons, Bobby, five, and Freddy, four.

Media interest

The star died at home at 0314 GMT on Mother's Day, with Ms Budden and Tweed at her side.

Her body was taken out of her home shortly before 0800 GMT.

Speaking outside the home, Ms Budden said: "Family and friends would like privacy at last."

Mourners started arriving at the house to pay tribute to Goody within minutes of the news breaking. They left floral tributes at the gates of her home.

The star had been christened in a 20-minute ceremony at the Royal Marsden on 7 March while in a wheelchair and was assisted by nurses during the service.

Goody's illness had featured in the media on a daily basis over recent weeks.

“ She was a very, very brave girl and she faced her death in the way she faced her whole life - full on, with a lot of courage ”

Max Clifford

She married partner Jack Tweed on 21 February at Down Hall Country House hotel in Essex. OK! magazine paid a reported £700,000 to cover the event.

Goody stipulated that the entire amount should be passed on to her sons.

The wedding was also filmed as part of a documentary series following the star and was screened on digital channel Living.

Goody, originally from Bermondsey, south London, had been open about wanting to exploit media interest in her battle with cancer.

She was keen to raise public awareness of the disease and prevent other women from suffering her fate.

Mr Clifford said: "I think she's going to be remembered as a young girl who has, and who will, save an awful lot of lives.

"She was a very, very brave girl and she faced her death in the way she faced her whole life - full on, with a lot of courage."

Cancer Research UK chief executive Harpal Kumar said: "Her brave battle with an aggressive form of cervical cancer has received widespread public attention and encouraged thousands of women to seek advice on how to prevent the disease.

"She has done a great public service by raising awareness of the importance of screening during her last few months of life."

'Celebration of life'

Phil Gould, associate editor of OK magazine, said: "Most women that I know who are in their 20s have now gone for smear tests or are trying to get smear tests because of what's happened to Jade."

Even in death the cameras will remain firmly fixed on Goody as preparations are made for her funeral.

Before she died she told those around her she wanted the service to be a "celebration" of her life.

"She wants it to be a big celebration because it's her final farewell to everybody," Mr Clifford said.

"She's the world's first reality television star.

"It will be a very Jade Goody event - exactly the way she wants it."

Mr Clifford said Goody's children had known their mother was seriously ill.

"She sat down and explained that Mummy was going to heaven and that heaven is where people who are ill go to get better," he said.

"She said when they look in the sky and see a star, that's Mummy looking down."

Goody had the children christened so they could keep in touch "through Jesus".

"She has touch the hearts and minds of an awful lot of people worldwide. The closer I got to her, the more admiration I had for her," Mr Clifford said.

"It takes an awful lot of courage to face death the way she did."

He added that he hoped Goody's family would be left in peace to grieve.

Tweed, 21, is awaiting sentence after he was found guilty of attacking a taxi driver and threatening to stab him after leaving a club in Essex last year.

He was jailed for 18 months last September after assaulting a teenager with a golf club.

Man, died at 27, that's a cryiin' shame. May she rest in peace.

When life gives you lemons...

Fuck the lemons and grab a beer.

Read my trip report!

Pics

although nobody deserves to die at such a young age.........i am sick of the hypocricy of the media.before the cancer the media was spouting that she was a loud mouthed racist with no talent whatsoever which sent her into obscurity and ended her short spell in the spotlight....because of the cancer she was then promoted to flavour of the month again abley assisted by that devils spawn Max Clifford and then proceeded to make a few million off the back of this..every chav in the country is crying their eyes out,its total madness...reminds me a little of the Lady Diana episode in the 90s........we are a nation of media manipulated fools who are told when and what to think..

yep that is very wrong so young.

shows we need to make the most of each and every day as we dont know what is around the corner for us all.

enjoy life and be as healthy as we can to get the longest time here.

mick

how precisely can one be a reality TV "star"

the essence of so called reality tv is that it features ordinary people. therefore jade was just another ordinary person

as such, i didn't give a toss about her when she was alive, the same goes now she is dead.

good riddance to bad rubbish.

how precisely can one be a reality TV "star"

the essence of so called reality tv is that it features ordinary people. therefore jade was just another ordinary person

as such, i didn't give a toss about her when she was alive, the same goes now she is dead.

good riddance to bad rubbish.

Good post - I agree, she wasnt a "star", did nothing worthwhile...didnt give a fuck about her when she was alive, doesnt bother me now that shes dead, people die everyday and she was no better than anyone else..

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

although nobody deserves to die at such a young age.........i am sick of the hypocricy of the media.before the cancer the media was spouting that she was a loud mouthed racist with no talent whatsoever which sent her into obscurity and ended her short spell in the spotlight....because of the cancer she was then promoted to flavour of the month again abley assisted by that devils spawn Max Clifford and then proceeded to make a few million off the back of this..every chav in the country is crying their eyes out,its total madness...reminds me a little of the Lady Diana episode in the 90s........we are a nation of media manipulated fools who are told when and what to think..

:D:P Agree she had fuck all talent in the first place, dont see how she was a "star"..

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

In the past I used to automatically switch off when ever I saw her on the TV and if I saw her in the paper I would just turn the page. It is a sad reflection of our society when such a brainless and untalented person can be so successful. However, when she was diagnosed with cancer and then became ill I evaluated my opinion about her and even watched a programme about her. I suppose it was because my Mum had died of the same thing. I came to the conclusion that although she was stupid she was quite humble about it as she never tried to say she was anything but that. She may be stupid but she exploited the media with enormous success and became a rich woman because of it.

I find it ludicrous the amount of coverage that she has received and although I would not wish this on anyone and my heart goes out to her family, you have to consider all the other people who have given so much to society and die unnoticed. It's a crazy world we live in. Something else that I have not learned but just noticed again is how fickle the press can be in the UK. When she was branded a racist in the celebrity BB house the press were doing their best to finish her but then when she was diagnosed with cancer and became ill she could suddenly do no wrong and is apparently an inspiration to millions.

It's strange that people look up to these sort of people more than they would anyone else and if she saves lives with her campaign for cervical cancer screening then fair play to her IMHO.

Edited by Siam Sam
Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

There are our lads dying every day in Iraq and Afganistan not much tribute to them in the press

But if you are famous for nothing we get this mass hysteria like when Diana died

There are our lads dying every day in Iraq and Afganistan not much tribute to them in the press

But if you are famous for nothing we get this mass hysteria like when Diana died

I couldn't give two shits about people dying over there, we shouldn't be there in the first place. I'm on about people who have mad a big contribution to society that die unnoticed.

People who die in phony wars for the sake of politicians and the 'great' nation of England are wankers IMHO. I would never fight for this country now, it's not worth it.

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

They are doing their job even if they do not beleive they should be their themselves

The politicans pull the strings not the soliders

They are doing their job even if they do not beleive they should be their themselves

The politicans pull the strings not the soliders

Eh? If you're fighting in a war that you don't believe in then you are an even bigger cunt IMHO. Why sign up in the first place?

"Up to me" since 2005

Keep this topic on track...This is about Jade Goody and not the armed forces. Any further discussions off topic and I will be forced to take action for thread fucking

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Keep this topic on track...This is about Jade Goody and not the armed forces. Any further discussions off topic and I will be forced to take action for thread fucking

To be honest I was thinking the same thing and was just about to post words to that effect. You don't have to flex your muscles at me Alan.

Edited by Siam Sam

"Up to me" since 2005

To be honest I was thinking the same thing and was just about to post words to that effect. You don't have to flex your muscles at me Alan.

No muscle flexing, just doing my job..The least 'flexing' I do the more I prefer it.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?

ALLEY

No muscle flexing, just doing my job..The least 'flexing' I do the more I prefer it.

I was only joking mate....maybe I should have posted a smiley with that post as I was only having a laugh and it would have lowered the tone. :unsure:

"Up to me" since 2005

I was only joking mate....maybe I should have posted a smiley with that post as I was only having a laugh and it would have lowered the tone. :GoldenSmile1:

Taken in good heart :unsure:

ALLEY

I absolutely hate all these apparently brainless idiots who shoot to 'stardom' in spite of there lack of any tangible talent. People far more worthy of hero worship are never known outside of there area of expertise. However, if this woman has raised awareness of cervical cancer through 'exploiting her condition' then I say she has done more than many of the other brainless twits. Through her death she may very well save some other lives.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Second day in Heaven and she is already up for eviction!

I had that text as well, english humour, are we the only ones that do that.

I think that it's fair to say that Jade died with more dignity than with she lived. As Scumbag said, hopefully the media interest in her sad demise may produce some benefit for other sufferers of this condition. Other high profile individuals who suffer from medical conditions have been able to raise interest in, and research funding for these conditions that benefit society considerably, such as Terry Pratchett, who now suffers from Alzheimer's.

Perhaps Jades sad death may eventually benefit society in a way that her young life wasn't able to.

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)