IGNORED

Merisess Sukhumvit 16

ag1717

I stayed at the Merisess Sukhumvit 16 for a few nights when I first got into BKK. The place is definitely guest friendly because there was usually no one at the front counter at night...lol The place is still under construction and they're still working out the kinks. My first room had no hot water so I was switched to another room. Another night while I was in the bath watching the BIG SCREEN through the glass window, my room lost power... They're building a restaurant downstairs but construction was halt for some reason the entire time I was there. Like I said they're still working out the kinks...

The rooms are excellent with King size beds and everything was brand new. All the people that worked there took care of me and there was also a menu to order free breakfast from everyday delivered to your room. It's also located next to a 24 Supermarket so it was easy to buy whatever you needed. It's bit of a walk down Soi 16 to Sukhumvit... about 10-15 mins to the ASOKE BTS and Soi Cowboy, but it's located in a very safe and quiet area. I believe I got my room for 1700 Baht prepaid and I would stay there again. Next door is a massage place so if you wanted a massage in your room the hotel would arrange it for you. I was also able to get a hair cut next door at the salon for 300 Baht.

http://www.merisess.com/

Sounds like a place I would like to try out mate. Thanks for bringing it to our attention

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

• 2 weeks later...

i think i will be booking this place instead in the next few days? £95 for a 3 night stay in the executive suite looks like a steal? :)

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

i think i will be booking this place instead in the next few days? £95 for a 3 night stay in the executive suite looks like a steal? :)

Let me know mate and I will follow suit..Didn't realize I had seen this thread when you SMS'd me mate

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Let me know mate and I will follow suit..Didn't realize I had seen this thread when you SMS'd me mate

will do ssgg! i didnt know that i get a corporate discount through hotelopia so will pm or email you the details! :)

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

• 1 year later...

Staying there in august for 15 nights

1400 a night. airport pickup/room upgrade/free laundry 32 pieces max/breakfast/WiFi

if any G/F hotel can beat this deal I would be interested to see

great deal i think

what do ya reckon?

• 1 month later...

Staying there in august for 15 nights

1400 a night. airport pickup/room upgrade/free laundry 32 pieces max/breakfast/WiFi

if any G/F hotel can beat this deal I would be interested to see

great deal i think

what do ya reckon?

Well I'm back from my stay at the Merisess

a few points...

the staff were brilliant

beds were very comfortable

they gave me a great rate

I wont be staying there again though

1 while the rooms were very clean and well appointed

the walls were paper thin and the people next door running the tv at normal volume

the sound was very loud in my room.. + i could hear every word they said

the soundproofing is a deal breaker for me i'm afraid

6/10 for the Merisess

Dave