IGNORED

Travel money

jmore

Does anybody know if the banks or bureau de exchanges in Pattaya charge a fee or commission when changing money to Baht. If so how much do they charge and is it a percentage of the money or a flat fee. As I am not sure whether to change in England or whilst there? :)

If you are changing cash there is no fee. If you have traveller's cheques then there is a small fee. I haven't used them for a long time but the last tine I did it was 33 Baht per cheque. Here is a link to the rate the exchanges are giving in Pattaya today: Exchange rates

Do not buy any Baht before you leave home. You will get a substantially better rate in Thailand. There are exchanges in the airport. The first one is between immigration and the baggage carousels. Change enough money there to get you to Pattaya. The rate is not that much different to what you will get in Pattaya.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Probably hard to find Baht in UK, Airport exchange rate not as good as Pattaya, Walking Street most competitive area.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody know if the banks or bureau de exchanges in Pattaya charge a fee or commission when changing money to Baht. If so how much do they charge and is it a percentage of the money or a flat fee. As I am not sure whether to change in England or whilst there? :unsure:

:001_Sawasdee: I always change £200 in marks & spencers for the best exchange rate and always change the rest in los because you get a lot better exchange rate

you will lose about 5 baht per £ by changing any money here. its so easy to change in thailand, wait.

:Good_Job: I always change £200 in marks & spencers for the best exchange rate and always change the rest in los because you get a lot better exchange rate

Why on earth do you do that ???????????????????????

The banks are open 24/7 at the airport when you arrive.

Commission fees vary from place to place in Thailand. Local exchange rates are always better than ones in England or any other foreign country though. I'd stay away from airport exchangers if I were you.

Best choice is to get a Nationwide account and get your money from an ATM. That way you'll get local exchange rates with only 1% commission (as from July 1st.) Until July 1st it's free.

COYS.