IGNORED

Broken Images

zanny

Hi, I've just looked at my TR this morning and everything has broken images except for my most recent post.  

Are images hosted locally on the forum when I copy and paste the image from Microsoft Onedrive.  I have just been browsing the images in my folder, and right clicking and CTRL+V.

Should I have used a proper image hoster like imgur?

How can I fix this now, I cannot edit posts after a certain timeout, like an hour or whatever the setting is.

Thanks

Trip Reports: May/June 2022 - 27 Leche Loads Jakarta/BKK/Pattaya

Popped my Cherry 2010 - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2  - Quick Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017

you need to either upload the images properly here on the server or if you hotlink them (=this means just posting an image-url that then gets displayed) you need to make sure that the images can be viewed that way.

if you take the url of an image that you have on your personal microsoft onedrive, it will not be visible at all for anyone else. i'm sure onedrive has a functionality to share the pics publicly, but generally it's better to upload them here to the forum directly.

how to fix it now: you can look if there's an option in one drive to share the pics you've posted publicly, but i doubt it will work that way... because normally if you share them, you will get a different, new url for that. but it's worth a try.

otherwise: theoretically, a mod could fix it, but i doubt anyone will take the time to go through dozens of post with 100+ images and fix every single image URL manually.

the easiest way is probably to simply make a completely new trip report, copy the text from your old posts and add the pics properly to your new TR by uploading all the images to the PA server.

edit to add: because the pics in your last post are still visible (and they're shared the same way via onedrive), it's possible that you can change the settings on the other posted pics in your onedrive so that they will work as well again. maybe it's like a time based setting and they're only publicly visible for 24 hours or something like this...

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Can the mods let me edit the original posts?  It's gonna take a while until I can re-post the whole thing. But I guess that's the only way, create new thread and delete the old thread.

Thanks PeteHoax btw your message was detailed and helpful.

Edited by zanny

Trip Reports: May/June 2022 - 27 Leche Loads Jakarta/BKK/Pattaya

Popped my Cherry 2010 - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2  - Quick Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017

PM sent.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• davidge locked this topic