IGNORED

Baggage claim in bkk and need to catch flight to koh samui Is it easy

nunchuck

Hi got a Qatar flight Manchester to Bangkok.  Then got another flight to koh samui 

will have to claim baggage after immigration. Then got a domestic flight to samui. Bangkok airways   What route do I take please. Is domestic far from baggage claim area 

many thanks 

Edited by nunchuck

not sure what your thread has to do with "hotels & accomodations in pattaya" :) 

but anyway: you go through immigration, get your lugagge, walk through custom towards the exit. then BEFORE you exit the building, you go up from level 2 to level 4 (to the top floor; with escalator or elevator) and check-in. 

from lugagge area it's around 50m to customs, then around 50m to escalator / elevator and then ~50-100m to check-in (of course depending on what carousel number your lugagge is on and what row you check-in). it's very easy and not far. 

https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/suvarnabhumi-airport-terminal-map/

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

What's the time gap between your international arrival and departure for Samui? 

Be aware that Bangkok Airways recently introduced automated self-check-in machines at their gate area (usually F as I recall).  Not a timesaver - quite chaotic in fact when I passed through in April. 

Bangkok Air have a codeshare arrangement with Qatar so you may be able to check your luggage through to Samui.  This should be no issue if they are on the same booking, but if they are separate bookings they may or may not check you all the way through, you will need to clarify this with Qatar. 

3 hours ago, kansuwan said:

What's the time gap between your international arrival and departure for Samui? 

Be aware that Bangkok Airways recently introduced automated self-check-in machines at their gate area (usually F as I recall).  Not a timesaver - quite chaotic in fact when I passed through in April. 

Thanks.  It’s 3 hrs 

4 minutes ago, kd_traveller said:

Bangkok Air have a codeshare arrangement with Qatar so you may be able to check your luggage through to Samui.  This should be no issue if they are on the same booking, but if they are separate bookings they may or may not check you all the way through, you will need to clarify this with Qatar. 

Separate booking  but thanks anyway 

I would try on check-in to see if they will check your bags all the way through.  Bangkok Air say they no longer do this, but I have succeeded in checking all the way through before on separate tickets.  Just depends to a degree on the check-in person.